CHAPTER 10

Alessandro

I watch everyone from my seat. I'm mostly silent but inside I feel incredibly carefree. I had just taken a look at my watch and it's already been a few hours. It's shocking to say the least, I'm not one for chit-chat or relaxing yet here I am sitting in the dining room after hours that felt like mere minutes. For once my mind wasn't clouded with the thoughts of responsibility. Normally, we don't take more than an hour to have our lunch and I think that nobody else has noticed how much time has passed either. I don't want to ruin the mood because for the first time in a while everyone seemed happy in their own way and if I'm honest, I'm enjoying myself as well. I sigh because I know that we all have jobs to do, jobs that we cannot ignore. I reluctantly clear my throat loudly and soon all eyes are on me. I stand and adjust my suit and tie.

"I hate to interrupt but we've been here for a little over three hours. We all have responsibilities to take care of, so I believe it's time to leave." I can see a few disappointed faces and although a part of me wishes to stay I still have to make sure things continue to run smoothly.

"Well, I had such a good time! I'm so happy I got to meet you two!" Cleo made her way over to Emily and Amber and embraced them.

"I hope we can go out together some time. But you know." She shrugs while giving me a look.

"Bye for now!" She waves at them and leaves the room.

"I don't want to leave the company of two exquisite women such as yourselves but you heard the boss. Bye cuties." Marcos says as he gets up to leave. I feel my eyebrow twitch, he is getting on my nerves. It's a part of his personality that hasn't actually bothered me before.

"Excuse me ladies." Maddox says while getting up and putting his chair in place.

"It was a true pleasure to have met you." With that he walks out giving me a nod on the way.

"You guys are so cool! I had a lot of fun today. I hope we see each other soon!" Max smiles and starts to leave but pauses to wait for Blade when he notices that he stayed behind. To say I'm shocked is an understatement. Blade hardly ever speaks and it's difficult for anyone to gain even the slightest bit of trust from him.

"Thanks, I usually don't enjoy myself." He nods and makes his way to Max and they both leave. It seems her presence has touched someone other than me. Blade has a much harder time expressing his feelings, mainly because he doesn't trust anyone so he makes little to no effort of interaction. He is usually very cold so I can say this is a pleasant surprise.

"Nico, escort Emily to one of the spare staff bedrooms. I will take Amber there shortly." He nods and Emily hesitantly follows. I can tell she doesn't want to leave Amber alone but she complies.

I turn to the girl responsible for consuming my thoughts only to see that she looks terrified. I thought she had gotten over that but before I have the chance to say anything I notice she starts to calm down on her own, as if she remembered what I had said earlier to which I can't help but feel satisfied. Just as I'm about to speak, she looks up and beats me to it.

"Um, why did you want me stay here with you?" She still seems nervous, but that's normal. I don't expect her to fully trust me anytime soon and it bring me great joy to see such progress in only a day. The things she has endured leave a lifetime of scars causing some to completely lose themselves but I can she is strong and that she has a tremendous amount of will to survive.

"I want to explain what is going to happen since you will be staying with us." I won't admit that I also want some time alone with her. With only her presence I feel all worry fade because my attention is always focused on her.