CHAPTER 17

Warning: metion of sexual abuse.

Amber

We managed to get home just in time, we only had the chance to change quickly before having dinner. We're seated and eating silently, each of us in our own thoughts. My mind is wild, racing with memories of everything that happened today. I remember my surprise when he asked me to go with him and the moment we arrived I immediately loved the place and surprisingly it only got better and better. It started with the hug I gave him. I felt excited the moment he hugged me back. Then I remember he turned me over but still held me close to him as if he didn't want to ever let go. It reminded me a lot about my first dream of him except that this felt a million times better. I had so much fun getting in the water and learning how to float. He was so patient and gentle with me the entire time, as if it were enjoyable to teach me how to swim instead of it being a chore. He really made me feel special. Then...the kiss. I was hesitant because I had never kissed anyone before, at least not willingly. I felt afraid but the look in his eyes made me forget all of it. There was something about his gaze that made him look vulnerable. I understood that he wasn't really asking me for permission to kiss me, he was begging me to kiss him back. I was somewhat surprised because I felt the same urgency, that's when I told him to do it. After, he said so many things and the strangest thing is that I wasn't surprised because I had felt all of it while we kissed. That is what a kiss is supposed to feel like, everything I ever read about it is true. It's as though everything around you disappears and all you can focus on is you and the other person. Then comes the doubt. This all feels too good to be true. I'm afraid that he's lying but then again you can't fake the emotions he expressed. The only problem is that after such a wonderful confession he's leaving and I can't help but feel sad.

"Amber?" I look up as I hear his voice. I enjoy hearing my name being said with his deep voice.

"Hmm? Sorry, what?" I realize he was speaking to me but I hadn't heard a thing.

"I asked you if you want to go out to the garden." He is always very sweet with me.

"I would like that very much." I say after nodding.

"Come then." He surprises me by taking my hand. Since his confession he's been doing everything he can to be close to me whenever the opportunity appears. He guides me and we reach the back door. I feel a breeze of cool air as he opens it. It's refreshing but it still manages to make me shiver. He notices and takes his sweatshirt off and places it over my back.

"Thank you." I smile as I grab the sweatshirt to stop it from slipping. 

"Of course." We walk down the path until we reach a small bench. The moon is high in the sky, shining as brightly as always. It doesn't matter how black the night is, as long as the stars and moon continue to give off light they make the darkness seem so beautiful.

"So, did you enjoy today?" More than you can imagine.

"Yes, very much. Did...you?" He smiles and looks into my eyes.

"It might be hard to believe but I think it's been one of the best days I've ever had." I've never felt important, I was taught that I am worthless so it honestly continues to confuse me how much he seems to like me.

"Why? Alessandro, why do you like me?" I feel tears threatening to fall.

"Amber, I don't know why you have a hard time believing I do. I promised to be patient and I will for as long as you need me to be but I hate knowing that you have no idea how much you mean. If I'm honest all I know is that I like you because you are special. It's the easiest way to express the infinite reasons. You are different, unique. You are gorgeous both inside and out, never have I met anyone quite like you. Since the first time I saw you, I knew you would be important to me. Since then I've been trying not to fall for you but the harder I try, the less I succeed. Today I couldn't hold it back anymore and I told you. I wanted us to know each other better, I wanted you to trust me more before saying anything. However, I don't regret it. I was afraid of your rejection but you have no idea how great I feel right now knowing that I have a real chance with you." He has gotten closer and closer and now he's only one move away from kissing me. I feel brave and close the small distance myself. It was much shorter than the one we shared before but it's still very sweet and it manages to make my whole body tingle.