No. 14

Chris

ME
Life's full of risks
How you ever gon kno if you don't even try
I hope you push your fears aside and come
I'll talk to you later pengting

12:58
I have been staring at the last message that was sent, which was by me trying to convince Chidera to come here where she and her family be safe.
I have been staring at the last message I sent for the past 13 minutes and the anticipation is honestly killing me.
Why isn't she replying?
Does this mean she doesn't want to come here?
Or maybe something terrible happened and she didn't have time to reply?

I'm not even thinking this through myself, her coming here means me showing myself to her. Am I ready to tell her that she's been talking to Chris Brown? And if I do, how would she take it? Would she hate me? Not want to see me or talk to me again?

I'm talking like I'm in love with her or something. You know what if she does say that she never wants to see me again, that's a good thing because I shouldn't be lusting over her anyway. She's 16 for Christ's sake and I'm 27. Man I hope she comes and accepts my help.

"Yo Chris!" I snapped out of my reoccurring thoughts and turn my head to the sound of the voice that just called me.

"The fuck you on man? I've been calling your name for the past 5 minutes." Mijo asks.

"Sorry man, I didn't realise, but why you calling?" I say giving him my full attention.

He gives me look making me give him one back. "What man?"

"Chris what's up for real, you ain't high or shit, so you being out of it means there's something up, you don't think I know you yet?" Mijo asks.

"It's nothing man, I was just deep in thought." I try to brush it off.

"No tell me what's up, you know I ain't going to let this go until I know." He replies.

He's right he ain't going to let this go until I tell him.
I sigh deeply. " Fine."

He takes a seat in front of me. "So what's up?"

"It's Chidera." I start.

"Wait... that minor you been talking to?" He asks stopping me.

I nod. "Yeah her."

"Anyways, we still in the process of getting to know each other and that-"

"Man you sound like you gon' date the girl and I told you she's still young, she a minor and your like a major so that shit can't roll, you-"

"Man shut the fuck up and let me fucking speak, just chatting the most at the most, jumping to conclusions and shit-"

"Alright alright speak I won't interrupt no more" Mijo says leaning back into his chair.

"Thank you, anyways Chidera always brushed off or changed topics when it came to her and her family." I continue.

"Don't tell me she's being abused." Mijo sits up.

"She's getting hurt by her father." I tell him.

"What did I just say?" He says