Part. 43

Chidera

ME
we're landing

KONFUSED89
alright
The driver is almost at the airport
by the time you land get luggage and stuff we'll be waiting

I am unable to reply as the flight attendant kept eyeing me and my phone, as we're not supposed to be on your phone as the plane is landing. Everyone around me was sleeping, at least Tony and my mum were, Chad had just got up from his nap and was already munching on a chocolate bar.

My mind went back to Chris and Chai. Chai because I haven't seen in basically forever, so I did not know what to expect. When we was younger and just before Chai left, I remember him to be the bravest person I've ever met, our dad would beat him up and on top of that curse and insult him until he fell asleep and he would still be smiling.

I used to cry for him as I watched him take every slap, kick, insult and punch. Our dad wasn't hurting me at time, but I remember being in as much pain as him and I couldn't take it, the way he was able put me in awe of him.

Everyday, he would try to calm him down and stop crying after our dad was finished for the day. At first, he would scold me for watching, saying I shouldn't be seeing things like that, sometimes he would lie and say dad and him were playing, that he was just testing his strength and that he would do the same to him to make it fair. Other times, he would tell me he did something wrong and he deserved it. That soon became the only reason.

Nevertheless, he would let me help him clean him up because of my stubbornness and because it would help me feel better. Then he would make up a story with my choice of subject and stay with me until I fell asleep, he was honestly better than any big brother that I could ask for. Little did I know that he was planning to leave and little did he know how much it hurt when I realised he wasn't going to come back.

The realisation that I'm minutes away from seeing Chai again is surreal and hard to take in. From accepting that I was never going to see him again to seeing him very soon, is quite distressing because I don't know what to do or say or think. All I know is that I don't know how I'm going to react when I see him for the first time in forever.

With Chris it's different. I'm seeing him again after five years, after we ended on a bad note. I thought it would be longer, considering we never made any effort to contact each other.

With Chris it's annoying, this is because he makes me feel some kind of way, constantly. I still like him, I know I do, maybe Tiana was right, maybe he saw the age difference and just wanted to stop whatever was going on between us for our safety. However, maybe she was wrong, maybe he doesn't like me anymore, maybe he's moved on.

I can't help but feel this strongly for him. I was able to hide it before and keep it at its dormant stage, but knowing I will be seeing him so soon is causing eruptions that I don't know how to stop.

Sometimes, I feel it's because Chris saved my mum, brother and I is why I feel so strongly about him. The way I see it, is that without Chris, I know I won't be here right now, which doesn't do nothing but adds to my feelings.

"We just landed didn't we?" Tony mumbles sleepily, rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah we did," I nod kissing his head.

I look over beside me and see my mum also getting up and preparing to leave. I help out with Chad and his excited self, leaving Tony to get some of our bags.

"We are going to see Chris and his cool cars again, I can't wait!" Chadley exclaims, jumping around.

Once we got out of the plane, get our luggage and out of security, we start searching for Chris' driver.