No. 38

Chidera

I sat at a table in the restaurant that Tiana messaged me to meet her at, scrolling through my phone, instagram specifically. I checked the  time once again. Tiana was over half an hour late. I swear if I leave here knowing she stood me up, I'm never talking to her again. Maybe that's a little exaggeration, but I swear I'm not going to talk to her for as long as possible.

I continue to scroll through Instagram mindlessly, liking a few pictures and videos here and there. My thumb stops at him with his daughter. Chris Brown and his daughter, Royalty, I mean. It was just a video of them being adorably silly and I mentally 'aww' watching them.

I watch the video about five times, before giving in and going on to his page. There wasn't much information but post of his clothing line, memes and his art. There was the dancing videos as well, to his music.

His album finally came out, Heartbreak on a full moon. With 45 bangers. 45 songs! Trust and believe I went bought two of the same album. Then the Christmas version came and honestly cried. Chris and I may not be on great terms but I was TeamBreezy at first and I will be until I die.

I was honestly so proud of him. It made me wonder what life would be like if were still together, if you can call it that. Every once in a while, I can't help but dig for information on how he's doing or if he's dating someone new or if he's happy. I tend to be satisfied because he didn't look like he was dating much, but it made me selfish because I have a boyfriend, who I love.

"Oh no." I cry silently, as I accidentally like one of his pictures.

With that I come off the app completely and put my phone down. I mentally scream, knowing he will see that I've liked the picture. Trust me to go and do something like this, he's going to think I'm stalking him or something.

"I am so sorry I'm late, I'm giving you permission to hate me and curse me out, I deserve it." Tiana comes in, immediately snapping me out of my thoughts.

"You're so lucky I even waited." I scoff, crossing my arms and screwing her.

"I know I'm surprised to see you here." She replies, settling into her seat.

"Why are you so late?" I ask.

"The truth?"

"No the lie." I sarcastically say. "Yes the damn truth."

"Okay I was with Toni, then I said bye, then we were kissing then you know," She trails off, looking everywhere but at me.

"Unbelievable, I could have been with my Tony right now you know." I shake my head at her.

"I know, I'm sorry, I will make it up to you, I swear."

"You better." I grumble.

She smiles, knowing everything is okay. I missed my friend and I haven't seen her in ages due to her travelling so much with Toni. I couldn't stay mad at her for long.

"So how are you? What was you doing while you were waiting." She asks looking at the menu.

"Nothing, just Instagram." I tell her, grabbing my phone and unlocking it. It's still on Chris Brown's page and I quickly try to come off it casually before Tiana could spot it.

"What are you going on his page?" My eyes widen to the question, I honestly don't know what to say.

"I was just scrolling and I came across his page. " I reply, trying to sound smart.

"Oh my gosh! Don't tell me your one of those exes that stalks her ex." Tiana snorts.

"I'm not!" I exclaim. "It just this one thing, that wouldn't have happened if you came on time." I put the blame on her.