No. 39

Chidera

Tiana and I turn to see Toni, Tiana's Toni, who called us the 'pengtings' I screw up my face in confusion. And besides me Tiana shakes her head at him going up to him to kiss him hello.

She drags him out of the room, motioning for me to continue my conversation with Mijo, who was surprisingly still on the call, considering I had not said anything since he said he found my brother.

"My brother." I barely mumble into the phone, my hands slightly shaking.

"You found my brother." I say again, a bit louder this time.

"Yeah, your brother Chai, we found him." Mijo confirms.

"How do you know it's really him?" I ask, my breath haggard.

"He has a picture of you, your mum and Chadley, that he takes with him everywhere." Mijo tells me.

As he says that, the first tear drops. They found my brother. They found Chai. Chris always said he would help find him and he stuck to his word. I don't even know what to say, do or think.

When Mijo called, I thought that he would be calling on behalf of Chris. I thought he would tell me Chris misses me, the same way I low-key miss him, I should come and visit and all that stuff. Instead, he tells me that he's found my long lost brother.

The tears pour uncontrollably, as I think how to tell my mum, what should we do next. I don't understand though, why would I be mad, it's quite frankly the opposite, my brother is alive and well.

"Please don't cry." Mijo tells me, hearing my sniffles.

"I can't help it." I sputter out, wiping my mouth.

"You said I would be mad." I say after a while of me crying silently and Mijo waiting patiently.

"Yeah, you're going to be."

"Huh? Why?"

"Because we found him five years ago."

I pull the phone away from my ear, completely stunned at the new found information. Five years. They found him five years ago and he is only telling me now. Rage consumed my body, the tear that was once filled with joy was filled with anger.

"How does it take five fucking years to tell me my brother has been found?" I growl at him.

"Well, you and Chris just ended things badly and then you completely cut us from your life, it was-"

"That is no fucking excuse, no excuse." I spit. "You know how much he meant to me and my mum, whatever terms we were or are on, I would still listened."

"I'm sorry, we're sorry."

"I'm sure you are." I scoff.

"Where is he now then? What is he doing?" I question.

"He's one of Chris' back up dancer, of the main ones too, your brother got some moves on him." Mijo tells, trying to make the situation lighter.

"Really? He's a dancer, you have to send me pictures." I say, tears falling again.

"Does he know? About us?" I ask, wiping the tears that fell.

"He knows everything, I mean everything." Mijo replies.

"You guys told him?"

"Yeah, Chris, his mom and I sat him down and told him everything."

"Like how we met, when we stopped talking and I left-"

"Literally everything, and let me tell you it wasn't easy." He cuts me off, I could see him shaking his head.

"By the end of telling him everything, Chris was sporting a nice black eye and cut on his cheek."