Part. 46

Chidera

"So what's the deal with you and Chris?" Ebony asks me once Chadley and Royalty were distracted with their game.

I furrowed my brows confused. "What do you mean?"

"It's so fucking clear that there's something going on." She exaggerates.

"Ummm language." I point at the two little ones, who didn't hear anything.

"Oh shit sorry." I shake my head, laughing.

"There's nothing going on." I lie, looking away.

"Bull, I can tell plus during the movie Chris and Mijo kept talking and looking at you and Tony." She retorts.

"They we're talking about me? What was they saying?" I ask interested.

"Umm something about Chris still liking you."

"What? Seriously? Chris still likes me?" I exclaim.

"So there is something going on between you two." Ebony states matter of factly.

"It's complicated." I say to her.

"And I have nothing but time at the moment, so spill all the beans."

I hesitantly told her everything. I started off with small bits and pieces, but she kept asking me questions and not understanding anything, so I told her everything. From how we met until now.

"So yeah, that's basically it." I played with my ear nervously, waiting for her reaction.

"Fucking hell, I was not expecting that." Ebony starts.

"Like seriously, Mijo would tell me stuff briefly, I mean I respect why, but damn I was not expecting all that." She continues, exaggerating 'all'

"But it seems to me that it is pretty clear that you guys are super into each other." She states.

I look at wide eyed. "Sorry what?"

"You guys love each other and that's on period." Ebony repeats, laughing at her own joke.

I roll my eyes at her reference. "I'm being serious, Ebony!"

"I am too, Chidera!"

"You think I love Chris." I ask.

"I think you're in love with Chris." She nods, turning to check on Chadley and Royalty.

"But I love Tony." I state nervously.

"Sure, But you're not in love with him." She swiftly replies.

I don't say anything after that, trailing into deep thought at Ebony's last reply. I'm in love with Chris? I can't be surely?

"How do you know when you're in love?" I ask softly. "Are you in love with Barry?"

Ebony's face lights up as soon as I mention Barry. She smiles to herself, before answering me.

"Love is difficult to explain because we feel it in different ways." She begins.

"For me, love is the little things, love is buying him stuff unconsciously, considering him in your decisions, agreeing to disagree, being mad at each other , but still being there, love is seeing everything, flaws and all and loving his flaws."

She smiles brightly, sighing blissfully, her focus on me had long gone by now. Instead her focus was on a picture across the room of Chris and Barry, making silly faces. Clearly her focus was on Barry, I smile at her as I mentally awe. Barry has found the right one in her.