No. 49

Chidera

Standing by the door, I smile watching Chai and Chadley communicate and get to know each other. My mum and mama was also outside sitting on the swinging chair watching them in adoration.

It's been two days since the big meet and everything is feeling normal, it was almost like Chai never left. Chai had spent these two days getting to know us starting with my mum. He had taken her out just the two of them to talk it out like Chai and I did and by the looks of it went well, but mum did tell there was a few tears shed.

I feel a presence beside me and I don't even bother to check who it is. Just by his scent alone, I knew it was him, maybe even by his soft breathing, I just knew it was him. He was standing dangerously close to me, knowing full and well that I had a boyfriend that could literally appear anytime, but he didn't care and I secretly didn't mind.

"It's nice isn't it?" He spoke, watching Chai and Chadley.

I turn my head to face him, I'm faced with his side profile. His chiseled sharp cheekbones and his little freckles...Gosh! All I want to do is kiss him, it's been awhile since I felt his lips on mine. I turn back to the view in front of me, refusing to get carried away with my unholy thoughts.

"It is." I agree.

"I still can't believe it, it feels like a dream and I don't want to wake up." I continue.

"I'm happy for you." He replies. "Like honestly, I'm so happy for you and I'm glad to be part of your reconciliation with your brother."

I cheese hard, turning my body fully to face him. He was already facing me, ready to catch my eye, in which he did. I grab his hand, entwining our fingers, he squeezes my hand tight.

"You said that you will find him and you did." I begin, staring into his eyes.

"In fact, you did more than that, you gave him a home, a job, you welcomed him and for that I'm forever in your debt."

"It was nothing, anyone could have done it." Chris shrugs.

"Okay, But you did it and I don't know how to thank you." I tell him.

"I mean, ain't a problem, I can think of a few ways, but that includes my lolly pop between your lips." He winks.

I let go of his hand and hit his chest, playfully glaring at him.

"Chris, you play too much, I'm being serious right now."

"I know, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He apologies, taking my hand back.

"No, but seriously, I would do anything for you, understand that, just so you can be happy, I was never not going to help find him." He says sincerely.

I wanted to cry. He said it so beautifully and I believed every damn word that came out of his mouth then. I could see it in his eyes that he was being brutally honest and his true self as he said it.

At this point he was asking to be kissed, loved by me and if I didn't have a boyfriend that was in the same household as us at this very moment, I would have dragged him to my room and got down to business.

"I love you." He ends and that's when my heart stopped.

I searched his eyes, making sure I heard correctly and I did. My heart started to beat again and it was gradually getting faster. He loves me. Chris loves me. Chris Brown loves me.

"Let's go little one." Barry voice interrupts us.

I let go of his hand to face Barry, who was eyeing us suspiciously. Tony was next to him sporting the same look, I instantly felt bad, it was clear there was something going on between us.