History Lesson

A/N: TRIGGER WARNING! Mentions of abuse, death, sex abuse, drugs, etc. Read at your own risk! 

The walk back home is very quiet with the exception of the rustling of the bags in my hands. The peaceful air has been replaced with the tension of the fight. It wasn't something I necessarily wanted Kyoya to see, but it was something that had to be done. I couldn't just stand there and let something happen and I couldn't let him call the police. It would lead to too many questions about me that wouldn't have good answers.

"Who was that?" Kyoya asks suddenly.

"It was a guy, a local thug, answers to the highest bidder. Major drug trafficker and doubles as a messenger."

"Who was the 'he' the two of you were talking about?" I notice his fingers twitching and remember his notebook is at home.

"I-He's no one."

"He's obviously someone if you two had to attack each other over him."

I scowl before stopping and turning to face him.

"Look, he's someone from my past that won't stay there... Why do you care anyway? It's not like I'll be your problem by the time the year is out."

"Is he the one that hurt you the night you stayed at Haruhi's?"

I avoid his gaze and shake my head.

"You're lying to me."

"Why should I tell the truth?"

"You're stuck with me until the school year is done and it's not as if you'll see me again afterward. As part of the deal I can't pursue you afterward so there's nothing I can do with said information if given."

I let out a sigh and run a hand through my hair.

"It's a very long story..." I mutter.

"I've got time."

"And I've got junk food."

When we return to Kyoya's home, I lead him upstairs to my room before dropping the bags on my bed. I grab a clean white tank top and a pair of dark shorts then head into the bathroom. I chuckle at the sight of myself in the mirror. I did look a mess, almost exactly like my idea from the convenience store. I strip out of my dirty clothes and spot clean my scrapes and face before dressing. I return to the bedroom and sit on the bed while Kyoya leans against the wall. I pull a soda from the bag and take a sip before looking over at him.

"Nothing I say tonight gets written down, recorded, or leaves this room, under threat of death."

He nods and eyes my drink.

"Now, I have conditions of my admissions. You have to try a soda and you have to atleast try three snacks. Come sit. I won't bite, much."

I lean over and pat the foot of the bed. Very stiffly, he takes a seat and raises a brow as he looks over the contents of the bags scattered across the blanket. I pop open a soda and hand it to him. After he takes a sip, I watch his reaction and to my surprise he doesn't seem disgusted. Thoroughly amused, I open a bag of Skittles and give him one before eating a few myself.

"One soda down, one snack down. Two to go. I'll be nice and begin my story. What do you want to know? I've never quite told anyone anything about myself before. I have a feeling that I'm going to regret this... Maybe I shouldn't."

"As I said, there's nothing that I can do with the information once you're gone."

"But there are things that can possibly be done with the information now. Such as: blackmail, information leakage, or other nasty things of that nature. Things I know that you are easily capable of doing. Some of the information could possibly even land you and the others in danger, not that I care what happens to you guys, of course."