Homecoming Pt 1

After a minor freak-out and a lot of reassurances from Kyoya, I gather the nerve to get out of the car. I chuckle harshly under my breath. I used to be a major criminal and now I'm afraid to even get near a house. How pathetic am I? Kyoya squeezes my hand and I look up at him with a small smile. He tells me that we can leave if I wanted. I shake my head and take a deep breath before walking toward the steps leading up to the townhouse, leaving Kyoya near the car. I didn't want to bombard my father by having two people on his doorstep. I still forgot to call him. I probably should. I snicker quietly and pull out my phone. Kyoya asks what I'm doing and I hold a finger to my lips as I press the button. From inside, I hear a phone ringing. It stops and a voice sounds on the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi, it's Mia." I tell him, trying to calm my nerves.

"Oh my God, I was worried, I hadn't heard from you in weeks after that call! Where are you? Are you okay?"

"Calm down, I'm fine. Do me a favor, please. Don't freak out."

"What do you need me to do?"

"Open your door."

"What? Why?"

"Just do it, please."

Footsteps get closer to the door and a second later, it's open. An older man in his mid-thirties stands in the doorway, a phone in his hand. His teal eyes widen from behind his red framed glasses and the phone slips from his grip. I quickly catch it before it can hit the floor and close my own.

"Uh, I don't really know how this sort of things go, so... Surprise?" I mumble.

"M-Mia...?"

"It's me."

He hugs me tightly to him and I feel him tense.

"Who is that? Is he the one who kidnapped you?"

I realize that he's referring to Kyoya and I laugh as I pull away.

"No, he's my boyfriend. His name is Kyoya. He helped me find you."

Kyoya comes up beside me and I lean into him.

"You helped my daughter find me... Thank you so much! I can never repay you. Come in, come in."

My father steps aside to allow us into the house.

My eyes wander along the house as I follow James. I try desperately to have some kind of memory about the house, about the man standing before me, but nothing comes forward. Actually, I don't feel anything right now. I look up to Kyoya for reassurance but I know he doesn't know what I'm thinking. We stop in a living room and James gestures for us to take seats. Kyoya and I sit together on the love seat and James sits across from us.

"So, you've been in Japan? For how long?" James asks.

"For as long as I can remember. I'm guessing since I was kidnapped."

"How did you escape? Do you know who took you?"

I lace my fingers through Kyoya's.

"It's a very long story." I mumble.

"It must've been traumatizing, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I'm just so glad that you're safe."

"I think it was more traumatizing to find out that I had been abducted and the man I believed to be my brother was actually my kidnapper."

I halfway explain what I know about what happened to me. I leave out the fact Shay was a criminal and of course my criminal background.

"So how did you meet Kyoya? It's nice to meet you by the way..." He turns from Kyoya to me and whispers. "He can understand me right? I don't know Japanese."