chapter 3: a fresh start

After hours of kissing, cuddling, hand holding and 'I missed you's,' it was 11 pm.

"Well, I guess I um... I better get out of here so you can get some sleep..." Josh said. 

"N-no. Y-you can stay," Tyler was quick to say. "B-but you don't have to. By any means. Only if you want..." 

"Really?" Josh asked, slightly surprised. 

"Of course," Tyler said with a smile. "I'll just um... I'll just sleep on the couch." He said after looking around the room to find somewhere he could sleep. Josh quickly shook his head. 

"No, I'm not letting you do that. You're my boyfriend, and besides, this is your house." Josh said.

"We could just um... both sleep in my bed?" Tyler asked nervously, quickly shaking his head. "No no no, sorry. I-I'm making things move too fast. I'll sleep on the couch, I'll be perfectly fi-" Josh interrupted him with a kiss on the lips.

"I'd love to sleep with you, Ty," Josh said with a smile. Tyler blushed and nodded, gently taking his hand and leading him to his bedroom. 

Tyler took off his shirt, revealing his tattoos that certainly weren't there when they were twelve. Josh's mouth dropped 'oh my god... he got hot...'  he thought to himself. He forced himself to close his jaw as he took off his own shirt, leaving both boys in only basketball shorts. 'holy shit... his abs... his face... his tattoos... his everything...' Tyler thought. 

Both boys crawled into bed, Tyler on the left, Josh on the right. Tyler made sure to stay as far away from Josh as he could, not wanting to make him uncomfortable, and Josh did the same. After a few minutes, Tyler sighed and turned on his side, away from Josh. Josh furrowed his eyebrows and rolled over so he was right next to Tyler.

"What's wrong, baby?" he asked, sliding his hand into Tyler's.

Tyler smiled and blushed, squeezing Josh's hand gently. 

"Nothing now..." Tyler said, biting his lip to contain his nerves, scared he do something to embarrass himself in front of Josh. Josh blushed and smiled, squeezing his hand back.

"Just breathe, baby. Calm down," he said, kissing Tyler's cheek.

"That's kind of impossible when you're in bed holding hands with Josh Dun..." Tyler said and giggled. Josh blushed and kissed his temple.

"Well, this is a fresh start for both of us. No more hurting ourselves, no more fake smiles, nothing like that. And it's probably best we don't start out all nervous..." Josh said and smiled. 

Tyler snuggled into Josh, resting his head on his boyfriend's chest. 

"Goodnight, Josh."

"Goodnight, Tyler." 

Just as Tyler was about to fall asleep, he heard his boyfriend's voice.

"Hey, Ty?"

"Yeah?" he responded sleepily.

"I um... I love you."

Tyler blushed and smiled, looking up and Josh and kissing his lips.

"I love you too."

Author's Note:

Awww cute lil filler chapter. Just to clarify: Tyler and Josh will now be living together, just in case it wasn't very clear in the story. I'm uploading probably two more chapters tonight, just so y'all aren't left hanging too terribly long:)) 

xoxo, C