chapter 76: second day of school pt. 2

so the two quickly got dressed, tyler rushing out the door but josh stopping him by grabbing his wrist.

"i love you, baby. sorry we couldn't cuddle after. i know how much you like that..." josh said, kissing his husband's forehead.

"it's ok," tyler said, his voice with a hint of sadness. hugged his husband before starting to make his way to the car.

"babe..." josh said, knowing that the time they spent after they had sex was important to tyler, it always being the time they got to just get lost in each other's eyes and spill their feelings towards one another.

"joshua, we need to go. it's noon!"

josh sighed and nodded, kissing tyler's cheek and driving to the school.

"DADAAAAAAAAA!" gus shrieked, getting off the floor and letting go of his sister's hand to go hug josh.

"hey, gus gus! how was your day??" josh asked, picking his son up and spinning him around.

"GOOD!" gus yelled excitedly, hugging him tightly.

"DADDYYYYYYYY!" ellie yelled, struggling to get off the floor but eventually succeeding, toddling up to tyler and hugging his legs.

"hi, ellie!" he said, squatting down and hugging her.

tyler and josh talked to the teacher about how the kids did, and she said they were the sweetest she'd ever worked with. they stopped crying about ten minutes after josh and ty left, both getting distracted by the movie that was on and then fell asleep holding hands after giving hugs to everyone in the class.

"that's great," josh said with a smile, gus gus then making grabby-hands towards the teacher so he could hug her.

"awww, bye augustus! i'll see you wednesday!" she said with a grin, hugging him back.

"ELLIE WANT HUG TOO! AND KISSY!" the toddler yelled, toddling over to the teacher and hugging her legs.

"aww, bye bye miss eloise. i'll miss you!" the teacher said, hugging ellie back.

ellie grinned and kissed her nose. "bye bye!"

tyler and josh took gus and ellie home, getting them ice cream and setting them up in front of the tv.

"DANCE DADA!" gus yelled, gus gus dancing on the couch.

still, it wasn't real dancing. he just bounced and rocked back and forth as he sat.

and it was the cutest thing of all time.

"yes, gus gus. good dancing!" josh said, giggling at how cute his son was.

"no no no! dada dance too!"

josh sighed but nodded, picking gus up and dancing around the house with him as the little boy clapped and giggled happily.

"hug dada!" ellie said, hugging tyler tightly.

tyler giggled and hugged her back. "good hug, honey."

"tank you, dada."

tyler giggled and nodded. "anytime, eloise."

and before they knew it, it was time to pick ruby up.

they all loaded up into the car, josh driving them to ruby's school. they all walked inside, and the parents grinned widely when they saw ruby hug a girl after they finished putting away all their crayons.

"hey, ru!" tyler said, running up and hugging her.

"hi, daddy! this is evangeline. she's my fren and i love her."

tyler smiled and waved to the girl. "hey, evangeline. i'm ruby's dad, tyler. and that's joshua back there with the lil kids."

"hi!" evie yelled, hugging tyler tightly before toddling to ruby and kissing her cheek.

"bye ru ru! i love you!"

"i love you too, evie!" ruby grinned, patting the top of her friend's head before toddling over to tyler and holding his hand.

"do you know what evie's last name is? maybe we could meet her parents and you could have a play date," tyler said, carrying ruby out to the car.

"somethin' long and pretty. i don't remember it exactly. sivan-weekes or somethin like that," ruby said, thinking nothing of it.

both tyler and josh stopped.

"sivan-weekes?!"

"mmmmhm."

"that's uncle t and uncle daldal, ruby! they adopted!" tyler said excitedly, immediately calling dallon.

"dal!"

"yeah?"

"you adopted?!"

"oh, yeah."

"evangeline??"

"evangeline faye sivan-weekes," dallon said.

tyler could tell he was smiling through the phone.

"why didn't you tell us, dal??"

dallon shrugged. "troye and i just didn't wanna make a huge deal about it. she was a little apprehensive to come, and we didn't want to put any pressure on her. she's doing great, now, though."

tyler smiled and nodded. "well, i think you'll be happy to know the girls are already pretty close."

"I LOVE EVIE!" ruby yelled from the backseat.

"I LOVE RU RU!" evie yelled back.

"you two are too cute," tyler said grinning.

and so they all went home, listening to ruby go on and on about how much of a 'princess' evie was.

and dallon and troye did the same, except they heard all about how perfect ruby was.

and that started a beautiful friendship between two girls that were just happy to have families.

and each other.