chapter 12: the announcement

it was a week since josh had proposed and they hadn't told anyone.

but tonight, they were going to tell all their friends.

they were having a party, and brendon, ryan, dallon, ashley, troye and melanie were all invited.

everyone came over and they had drinks and music, all talking and catching up with their friends. eventually, tyler and josh stood in front of the group and asked for their attention.

"so, everyone. tyler and i have an announcement to make," josh said, smiling over at his fiancé.

"after being in love for 13 years, we've decided to get married!" tyler said excitedly. everyone erupted in cheers and 'congratulations.'

"when's the wedding??" melanie asked excitedly

tyler giggled and shrugged "we dunno. we're just enjoying being engaged for a while," he said with a smile.

josh squeezed tyler's hand, kissing his cheek. both were over the moon excited about the wedding, but they saved it for themselves and didn't really express a whole lot about it to their friends.

"why don't you let us plan it?" ashley asked, gesturing to herself and melanie.

tyler smiled and looked at josh "that would be great, ash. thank you."

ashley and mel both squealed in excitement, kissing both josh and tyler's cheeks before going back to their home to start planning.

the others stayed for a little while longer but eventually left, leaving the two happy fiancés all to themselves. 

author's note:

so sorry this was such a terrible chapter! i'm in the colorado mountains on holiday and the oxygen levels are absolutely killing me! i can't breathe very well so this was quite the short and sucky chapter:(( sorry! we leave today, though so i'll update once i can actually get some air! requests and suggestions are accepted/encouraged! thanks for almost 50 reads!

xoxo, C