chapter 18: an unexpected visitor

Tyler and Josh were in the middle of...

making love.

They were both moaning loudly but also giggling.

As usual.

They both warned one another they were close to their climax, their moans echoing through the house.

"I l-love you, J-Joshy," Tyler moaned, a smile on his face as he looked up at his husband.

Josh grinned down at his husband, pressing a sweet kiss to the base of his jaw as he continued to thrust in and out of him. "I love you too, Tyl-"

He was interrupted by the doorbell. 

Tyler groaned and pouted. "I was so close..."

Josh giggled and kissed Tyler's forehead. "I'll be quick, baby." He put on his boxers and a pair of sweatpants, not bothering to find a shirt. He kissed Tyler's lips one more time before jogging to the door and opening it. Standing there was a woman. Tall, blonde, tan skin.

Tyler's mother.

Josh's eyes widened in surprise. He hadn't seen her for nine years, and Tyler hadn't seen her for five. 

"H-hello, Mrs. Joseph," he said.

"Hello, Joshua."

"Um... C-can I help you?" he asked, completely clueless as to why the woman would be at their door.

"I'd like to speak to Tyler," she said.

"With all due respect, I don't think he has any interest in doing so," he said honestly. 

"Just let me speak to him. I'm part of his family."

"You are his relative, not family. A family is supposed to love and accept and support one another, and you have done none of those things," he stated, not wanting his husband's happiness to fade because of the woman.

"Please. It's important," she pleaded.

Josh sighed. "Fine. I'll get him. But if you fucking touch him or do anything to harm him, expect the police to be called."

She sighed and nodded, stepping into the house and closing the door while Josh returned to their room, Tyler jumping into his arms and giggling happily as he kissed all over his Josh's face.

"My hubby's back! My hubby's back!"

Josh smiled nervously and nodded, holding him underneath his thighs. "Yes, baby, but um... your mother is here to see you..."

Tyler's smile immediately fell, jumping out of Josh's arms and walking to the living room where his mother was sitting on the couch after he put on some clothes.

"Mother?" he asked, the slight anger in his voice audible. 

"Ty..." she started, standing up and walking towards him.

By that time, Josh had caught up with his husband and had his arms wrapped around his husband's waist, his chin resting on his shoulder. "Don't call me 'Ty.' It's Tyler to you."

She sighed and nodded "Tyler, I have some bad news," she said, tears in her eyes.

"What?" he asked, just wanting to be alone with his husband again.

"Your father has um... he's passed away," she said, tears now rolling down her cheeks.

Josh squeezed Tyler's waist, kissing his shoulder. "I'm so sorry, baby," he whispered in his ear.

Tyler stood frozen for a minute, fully processing what had happened. 

Suddenly, he broke the silence.

"And why should I care? All he did was abuse me!" he said, his voice starting to rise. 

"Because he's your father, Tyler. And he loved you," she argued.

Tyler's eyes widened at what his mother said. "Loved me?! Oh, yeah! Because beating someone and throwing slurs at them is love!" 

Kelly shook her head "He did that all because he loved you, Tyler. And he wanted to make you heterosexual so he could love you even more."

Josh was taken aback. How dare she talk to his husband that way in their house?

"Get out of this house," Tyler said calmly.

"What?"

"Get out of this house now," he said, his voice starting to rise again.

"Tyler I-"

"Stop. Get the fuck out of our house. You don't come in here and interrupt my husband and I's night to tell me that my father beat me because he loved me too much to let me be gay. Get out of our house before I call the police," he said sternly. 

Kelly sighed and nodded, sniffling and walking towards the door. She put her hand on the door handle before sighing and speaking. "I'm sorry, Tyler."

"OUT!" he shouted, resulting in Kelly quickly scurrying out of the house.

"Ty..." Josh said, walking towards his husband with open arms, wanting to hug him. 

Tyler sniffled and shook his head, pushing past Josh and running to their room, slamming the door. Josh sighed and rubbed his face stressfully, wondering what he could do to make his husband feel better.

An hour later, their living room was transformed into a big fort with fairy lights strung around it and Josh's laptop on the floor inside so they could watch Netflix. 

He knocked on the door to their room. "Hey, Ty? Do you um... Can I come in?"

Tyler mumbled a quiet "yes," resulting in Josh entering.

"Hi baby," Josh said, hugging his husband and kissing the top of his head.

"H-hi," Tyler whispered almost silently. 

Josh pulled back slightly, holding the sides of Tyler's face gently and looking into his eyes. "I love you."

"Love you too." 

Josh suddenly picked Tyler up, carrying him to the living room. Tyler gasped slightly as he saw what Josh had set up, smiling every-so-slightly. 

"Josh, you didn't have to do this," he said, kissing his cheek.

Josh smiled and shrugged. "I thought you might like it."

Tyler smiled and kissed his forehead. "I love it."

And so they spent the night watching scary movies in what they deemed 'The Dun Fort,' snuggled up together and drinking chocolate milk, sharing many, many kisses throughout the night. Tyler fell asleep in Josh's lap, Josh falling asleep soon after. 

And everything seemed to just 

melt away.

Author's Note:

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a couple of days! I've been quite busy with school starting up and I haven't had much motivation to write:(( But I promise I will post at least one more chapter tonight! Please send me requests! 

xoxo, C