chapter 57: daddy-daughter dance (pt. 2)

It was Friday.

The night of the dance. 

"You two have fun," Tyler said sadly as he bounced two crying twins up and down in his arms.

Ellie had knocked over Gus's goldfish crackers on accident, and she felt so bad she started crying, causing Gus to cry because his sister was crying. 

"Bye TyTy! Bye Bye Ellie! Bye Bye Gus Gus!" she exclaimed, waving goodbye to them all. 

"I love you, Ty. Please call me if you need anything. You know I'll be home as soon as you say," Josh said, kissing his husband's cheek. 

Tyler sighed and nodded, just wanting the twins to stop crying. "Love you too. Have fun," he said.

And so Josh and Ruby were off to the dance, Ruby in a dress with a floral top with a pink tulle bottom. 

Josh was in a suit with a pink tie that matched the shade of pink on Ruby's dress, holding her hand and helping her into the car

They danced for hours, Ruby having the best time of her life, but Josh wasn't really that into it.

Tyler should be the one here. 

Not him.

"Hey, sweetheart? I'm gonna check on TyTy, ok? I'll be back in a minute," Josh said, kissing the top of her head before stepping outside and calling his boyfriend.

"H-hello?" Tyler said tiredly, two screaming toddlers being audible in the background.

"Oh my, they're still crying?" Josh asked sympathetically.

"Yeah. Ellie keeps telling Gus she's sorry and Gus keeps hugging her but the tears just keep falling. I don't know what's wrong," Tyler sighed. "How's the dance?"

"I-it's good. S-she seems really happy," Josh said sadly. 

Tyler sighed and nodded. "And that's all that matters." 

"Baby, your feelings matter too," Josh said sadly.

"I gotta go. I have no idea where Gus went. I-I'll see you when you get home," Tyler said.

"O-oh, ok. I love you, baby. Ruby does too," Josh promised. 

"Bye," Tyler said, hanging up the phone and going to search the house for Gus.

Josh sighed and returned to Ruby, continuing to dance with her until she was about to fall asleep just standing there. She held the photo they had taken of them in her hands with a wide smile, even while she slept. 

For some reason, Josh didn't want Tyler to see it. 

He didn't want his boyfriend to feel any worse than he already did. 

Ruby woke up when Josh pulled into the driveway, yawning tiredly. 

"Give TyTy a big hug when you get inside, ok? He's had a rough night," he said. 

She nodded and kissed his nose, hopping out of the car and toddling inside. 

Tyler was passed out on the couch with Gus and Ellie holding hands on his stomach while watching TV, it being the first time he'd slept in two days. 

Josh sighed and picked the toddlers up, putting them to bed as Ruby stayed downstairs with Tyler. 

"H-hey, Ru. How was the dance?" He yawned, having woken up.

"It was sooooo great! We danced and had cookies and it was sooooo much fun! It was the best night ever!" she exclaimed. 

"Cool," he said sadly, a fake smile on his face. "I'm glad you and Josh had fun." 

He kissed his forehead and toddled off to her room, getting in bed after changing into her pajamas and falling asleep. 

Josh walked downstairs after putting the twins to bed to find Tyler holding the picture Ruby must have left behind, a few tears rolling down his cheeks.

"H-hey, baby..." Josh said, sitting by his boyfriend and wrapping an arm around him.

"Hi," he sniffled, wiping his tears with his sleeves. 

"I-it really wasn't that great, Ty. You didn't miss much," Josh said quietly. 

"You don't have to lie, Joshua. It's over now. It happened. I can't change that, so I'm just gonna try and forget about it," Tyler said sadly.

Josh sighed and kissed his cheek. "How were Gus and Ellie?" 

"I got them to stop crying an hour after you called." 

"I'm so sorry, baby. Let me take you out on a date tomorrow night. Just you and me. We'll leave the kids at Brendon and Ryan's and we'll do whatever we want. Promise," Josh said.

Tyler sniffled and nodded. "O-ok." 

Josh kissed Tyler's temple and hugged him closely, feeling guilty for 'stealing' their daughter on a night that should have been between Ty and Ruby.

"C-can we have like... a full night alone some time? Just you and me?" Tyler asked quietly.

"I'd love that, Ty. How's tomorrow sound?" 

"Great," Tyler said, cuddling up on the couch with his boyfriend. 

"I love you, Tyler." 

"I love you too, Joshua." 

from the beginning (COMPLETED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara