chapter 19: happy thanksgiving

It was Thanksgiving Day, and the Dun family was together.

And the Dun family is equivalent to Tyler and Josh.

They were at home cooking all their favorite foods. 

After all, Turkey's overrated.

Chicken fingers, macaroni and cheese, fruit salad, Oreos, Red Bull, fries, popcorn, mashed potatoes,

and of course, chocolate cake. 

The boys had no problem only being with each other for the holiday, as they were always each other's only real family. 

They sat at the kitchen table across from each other, holding the other's hands. 

"So, Joshua, what are you thankful for?" Tyler asked after swallowing a bite of mashed potatoes while still holding his husband's left hand with his right. 

"You," Josh said and smiled at him. Tyler smiled and blushed.

"What about you?" Josh asked his husband with a smile, squeezing his hand lightly.

"I'm thankful for my husband as well."

"I'm thankful that my husband is happy," Josh said. 

"I'm thankful that my husband is so kind," Tyler replied. 

"I'm thankful that my husband has learned to see himself as beautiful."

"I'm thankful that my husband recognizes how talented he is."

"I'm thankful that my husband loves me."

"I'm thankful that my husband lets me love him."

"I'm thankful that my husband is mine," they both said in unison. 

They giggled and Tyler stood up, walking to the opposite side of the table and sitting in Josh's lap. 

"I love you, Josh."

"I love you more, Tyler."

They both smiled and rubbed their noses together, hugging one another tightly. Tyler eventually got up and got the cake, getting some on a fork and allowing Josh to do the same, recreating what they did on their wedding day.

Except, this time, Tyler fed Josh, and not himself. 

For the rest of the night, they shared what they were thankful for about the other as they snuggled up together in bed, falling asleep holding each other closely, Josh mumbling 'Tyler' in his sleep, Tyler unconsciously replying with 'Dun.'

Author's Note:

Very, very short filler chapter! I'll try to upload as much as I can tomorrow, but I'll be pretty busy getting ready for school! Goodnight, everyone. Sleep well!

xoxo, C