chapter 20: happy birthday, tyler

"Tyler! Tyler, wake up! It's 1 pm! We've practically slept through your birthday!" Josh exclaimed, shaking his husband awake.

Tyler groaned and rubbed his eyes tiredly "mmm I don't care, Joshua. Let's just sleep. We were up late last night," Tyler argued.

Josh sighed and lied back down next to his husband, Tyler's back against Josh's chest as Josh ran his fingers through Tyler's hair and pressed kisses to the base of his neck. "I just wanna make your day special..." he said, slightly saddened.

Tyler turned on his side so he was facing his husband, kissing Josh's forehead. "Every day is special with you, baby. Let's just make a cake and cuddle all day," he said, looking out the window to see it was pouring rain.

"Whatever you want, Ty."

Tyler could tell his husband was feeling sad, sighing and squeezing his hand. "Baby, do you want to do something else?" 

Josh sighed and shook his head. "I-I had something planned, b-but it's raining..."

"Aww, I'm sorry, baby. We can do it another day. I promise. But we both like our rainy snuggling days, especially when there's cake involved, so it'll be a perfect day," Tyler cooed. 

Josh nodded and held his husband as close as he could, kissing his forehead. "O-ok. I love you, Ty."

Tyler smiled and pressed a kiss against his husband's lips. "I love you too, Joshua."

The couple got out of bed an hour later, dancing around the kitchen to the music they had playing and giggling as they made a cake in the shape of a heart. 

Josh hated singing, but Tyler insisted he had the best voice he had ever heard, and he did. Which made it all the more special that Josh sang him 'Happy Birthday' as he lit the candles on his husband's cake. 

Tyler smiled widely as he looked down at his cake, Josh hugging him from behind. "I love you, Joshua."

"I love you too, Tyler. Now blow out your candles, baby. Make a wish" 

"But I already have my wish," Tyler said with a smile, squeezing Josh's hands that were around his waist. Josh blushed and kissed his husband's shoulder. 

Tyler blew out his candles, smiling widely and turning around to hug his husband. 

"Thank you for a great birthday, baby," he said once they were in bed eating cake. "But do you know what would make it even better?"

"Hmm?" Josh hummed in response.

"If you were naked." 

Author's Note:

Really short chapter! I was in a rush writing this. I'm also watching Buzzfeed Unsolved right now so that's fun. Please message me requests or suggestions. Thank you for 80+ reads!

xoxo, C