chapter 44: a growing family

It was two years later. 

Ruby was now six.

And Tyler and Josh were now twenty-five.

They had just arrived home from taking Ruby to the bookstore where she kept asking if they had "made babies lately." She fell asleep in the car, and Tyler carried her inside to her room. He then jumped into his husband's lap on the couch, kissing all over his face. 

"Hey, baby? C-can we talk about something?" Josh asked.

Tyler nodded and smiled, pecking Josh's lips. "Anything, baby."

"S-so you know how Ruby's still obsessed with us 'makin babies?' Do you think it um... do you think it's because she's lonely and wants um... wants another sibling? B-because I-I wouldn't mind um... adopting again..." Josh said, looking into his husband's eyes. 

Tyler grinned widely and started to tear up. "Baby I've wanted to adopt again for months. I just didn't say anything because I didn't know what you were gonna say. Yes, Joshua! Of course, we can adopt again!"

Tyler and Josh were both crying, hugging one another tightly.

"Should it be a boy or a girl? Let's get a baby, Joshua! Like a two-year-old! What about twins?? Twins would be so fun! But I'm not sure if the house is big enough for five of us... but definitely four! Oh, Joshua! We're gonna become parents again!" 

Josh smiled widely, kissing Tyler's lips for a while. 

"I don't care what we get or how old they are, Ty. Just that we have them." 

"The Dun family is growing, my wonderful husband. First you, then me, then Ruby, and soon enough, another member," Tyler said, still crying. 

"The coolest family out there." 

A/N

295 READS?! WHAT?! Thank you SOOOO much! What do you all think? Do you want them to have a boy or a girl? I'm also open to name suggestions! Also, I want to become friends with some of you guys! Please message me! You're all so sweet! I love you all. 

xoxo, c