chapter 83: the car accident

"hello?"

"is this joshua dun?"

"yes, may i ask who's calling?"

"this is columbus hospital. your husband has been in a car accident. we suggest yo-"

earlier that day

"good morning, sunshine," tyler said, waking up grinning in his husband's arms.

"hey, beautiful," josh smiled, hugging his husband back.

"i'm gonna go grocery shopping, ok? do you need anything? cereal?"

"yes, please, baby," josh grinned.

"ok. i'll be back in a couple hours. i love you," tyler smiled, kissing his husband's lips.

"bye, baby. love you too."

now

"oh my god. ty. my ty. my ty. i'll be there as soon as i can," josh said, throwing on clothes.

"ruby, watch the twins. tyler's in the hospital. i've gotta go see what's going on."

"oh my god! is he ok??"

"i don't know. i really have to go, though, honey. i'll text you updates."

josh sped to the hospital, sprinting inside to the front desk.

"how may i help y-"

"i'm here for tyler robert joseph-dun. he's my husband. he has brown hair, he's a little shorter than me, brown eyes, really sweet, he has tattoos on his arms and che-"

"room B106."

josh nodded and ran to the room, flinging the door open.

"oh my god. tyler," he gasped, rushing to his husband's side and taking his hand.

he had a black eye, several bruises and cuts, and his eyes were shut.

the doctor entered the room. "hello, i'm doctor rodgers. you must be joshua?"

"y-yes, t-that's me."

"he has two broken ribs and a mild concussion with major bruising to his limbs. he-"

"will he be ok??"

"yes, he should be fine, just we'll need to keep him here a few days, and there will be many limits as to what he can participate in."

just then, tyler woke up, groaning in pain and flinching at the light.

"oh, baby..." josh said, holding his husband's hand and kissing his cheek.

the doctor turned off the lights so tyler could actually open his eyes, without excruciating pain to his head.

"hello, tyler. i'm dr. rodgers. do you know where you are right now?"

"h-hospital," he said weakly.

"yes, that's correct. do you know who that is?" the doctor asked, motioning to josh.

"no."