chapter 13: the wedding

tyler and josh were in separate rooms, following the tradition of not seeing your spouse until you're walking down the aisle.

ryan, troye and melanie were in a room with tyler, assisting him in getting ready while dallon, brendon and ashley were in a room with josh, helping him get ready.

they both had black tuxedos, and tyler learned how to tie a tie for the first time.

in his room, everyone was squealing about how cute he looked and how romantic their wedding was going to be. troye was making last-minute checks on the flower arrangements, making sure absolutely everything was perfect. ryan was assisting tyler in getting ready. and mel was frantically running around trying to make sure everything was in place.

while ty was in the middle of doing his hair, a note was slid under the door. he picked it up and it read

'remember you're beautiful no matter what. i can't wait to see you walk down that aisle, tyler joseph. i love you, joshua.'

tyler smiled widely and read the note over and over again, biting his lip in excitement. he was then fully prepared, heading downstairs to start the ceremony.

in josh's room, it was a little less chaotic. he simply got dressed and did his hair while brendon sat on the bed drinking a beer, dallon was rehearsing josh's vows with him, and ashley was on the phone with melanie trying to calm her down.

he finished getting ready much quicker than tyler, and he was standing at the alter, biting his lip nervously.

slowly but surely, everybody they invited started filing in the seats until each and every one was full.

after a few more minutes, the music started playing and tyler started walking down the aisle, smiling widely as he saw his soon-to-be husband.

josh immediately started tearing up, wondering how the most beautiful boy in the world ended up being his.

tyler reached josh and took his hands, josh kissing his forehead and looking into his eyes

"you look absolutely stunning, tyler."

tyler blushed and smiled "s-so do you."

and so the ceremony began, and eventually, it reached the point where they exchanged their vows. tyler was up first.

"joshua william i love you. and i tell you that a million times a day. and i hope you realize that us being isn't going to put a stop to me telling you how much i love you every chance i get. you're the kindest person to ever walk the earth, and you help me improve my attitude each and every day, even when i get sassy. i promise i'll cook for you and cuddle with you every night. i promise i'll keep finding more and more reasons why i'm so in love with you. and i promise i'll never, ever stop loving you."

josh blushed and smiled shyly, squeezing tyler's hands.

"tyler, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me. you deserve nothing but the best, and i promise i'll do whatever i can to make sure that happens. i'll always let you be the one that picks my new hair color. i'll always tell you you're beautiful, even when you don't believe it. and i'll always, always love you. i promise that i will make you believe you are lovely. because you are, ty. even if you don't believe it," josh said, meaning absolutely every word.

they then said their 'i do's' and were told to seal the ceremony with a kiss, to which they both gladly agreed to.

they turned, hand in hand, to walk back down the aisle when suddenly josh picked tyler up bridal-style, causing both to giggle. he carried his husband to the room he got ready in, closing the door behind him and kissing him deeply. after several minutes they pulled back, resting their foreheads together and grinning widely.

"i love you, joshua dun."

"i love you more, tyler joseph-dun."

author's note:

yay marriage! part 2 will be up soon! yay! hope you enjoyed! i had about two or three more ideas for upcoming chapter but other than that, i'm clueless! would love suggestions! thanks!

xoxo, C