Hunk X Reader (Modern!AU)

⚠️No Warning!⚠️

"I hate you!" You screamed throwing a plate across the room. It hit the wall just a few inches from his head, and shattered.

"Well I hate you, too!" He threw a pan at you and you managed to get out of the way before it hit the wall with such force if put a dent in the wall and clattered to the floor.

"I don't know why you're like this!" You hissed, yanking on your hair. "You were so nice when I first met you! What changed?"

"It was this stupid competition, that you thought was a good idea! None if this ever would have happened if you hadn't signed us both up! Without my consent might I add! I knew this would happen." He growled. You screamed in frustration.

"I thought this could be a way for us to bond, Hunk! It's your fault too! With all this... crap about needing to be the best chef or whatever!" You sighed and held your head in your hands, forcing yourself not to cry.

"Well, maybe I have dreams! Am I not allowed to follow them!?"

"You know you're just like everybody else! I thought you were different... I'm leaving." You grabbed your bag and walked out of the house, leaving everything you'd established over the last two years behind.

"But... I love you..."

~Two Weeks Before~

"Hi, Hunk!" You smiled as you walked through the front door, tossing your bag on the ground. You saw two strangers sitting on the couch with, Hunk, talking. "Uh... hello."

They turned to face you and Hunk stood up, and gave you a quick kiss. "(Y/N). These are the producers of Cook With Me, Lance and Pidge."

"Hi, it's nice to meet you." You shook hands with them and sat down. "So what's this about?"

"We were running through town, looking for more couples to compete-" Pidge began.

"And we heard from everyone hat you two would be our best bet. You two own the restaurant a few blocks away, don't you?" Lance finished.

"Yes, but, I think we're happy the way life is now." You smiled. "We don't really need to be on a TV show or anything."

"That's what I told them, but I wanted to make sure you were okay with turning it down." Hunk smiled. You squeezed his hand.

"Thank you, really, for the opportunity, but we'll have to decline."

"I see. Well thank you for your time. Lance, let's go." Pidge said, they both stood up and left.

"So they just showed up and asked us to be on the show?"

"Basically."

"Weird."

~Three Days Later~

"Hello, welcome to- oh Mrs. Gunderson." You stammered. She walked up to you and adjusted her glasses.

"Please reconsider the offer. You have a desperate need for money at the time, don't you?" She handed you a stack of your bills that you were failing to pay. The restaurant wasn't making as much money as it used to. Hunk didn't know any of this, you didn't want to hurt him by losing the restaurant he worked so hard for.

"What if... I just did the show? With someone else?"

"I'm sorry, but we only allow couples to come onto the show, it's how it works. So I suggest you talk to your boyfriend tonight. I'm giving you until Sunday, then that will give you at least one night to get packed."

"Thank you, Mrs. Gunderson." You sighed, flipping through the bills. "I'll get you my answer as soon as possible."

"Hey, who was that?" Hunk asked as he walked from the kitchen, whipping his hands on a towel.