Keith X Reader (Modern AU!)

**looks up top and claps** Gay

"Keith!" You yelled wrapping a scarf, loosely, around your neck and slipping on some gloves as you got ready to leave for the Fall Festival. "Are you coming or not!?"

"Coming!" He yelled, running down the stairs, slipping on his red flannel. You rolled your eyes and took his hand.

"You're going to freeze to death. Are you sure you don't want a coat?"

"I'll just steal yours." He shrugged and you rolled you eyes, shoving him away lightly. He laughed and leaned on your back, sighing. "Where are we even going?"

"Fall Festival. You said you'd never been so get ready for the time of your life!" You laughed. Keith clapped lazily and you elbowed him in the gut making him double over. "Don't insult my culture!"

After the thirty minute drive of you forcing Keith to listen to country music, just to annoy the living shit out him, you arrived at the Festival and he jumped out of the car. "Never again!"

You got out and laughed at him. "Don't mess with me!" You pulled him to his feet and walked through the gates.

"What do we do first?"

"Pumpkin Carving!"

"Yes! Knives!" He yelled and you raced him to the stand for pumpkin carving. The lady explained the concept of carving and you two looked for a bet to make.

"Who ever makes the scariest pumpkin wins!" You declared. He nodded and you started carving. You tried to think of something scary and laughed and stared carving.

"Done!" Keith declared as you finished. "Who goes first?"

"Me!" You spun your pumpkin around to reveal the word 'Lance'. Keith gasped and clutched his chest, obviously faking.

"You know you really captured my fear with his name." He smirked. "But in all seriousness... that's terrifying. I still think I take the cake." He spun his around.

'I'm breaking up with you.'

"You win." You groaned throwing some pumpkin guts at him. He laughed and threw some back. You picked up the carving knife and pointed it at him. He slowly held up his hands and you growled. "Don't test me, Kogan."

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes. "Now what?"

"Games!" You yelled, tossing knife back on the table. Keith jumped a little and you grabbed his hands. "I think there's some games here you'll like!"

You dragged him over to the games and you looked through all of them. "What's that?" He asked pointing at a stand with a tub of water and floating apples. You laughed and looked at him, only to see his face dead serious.

"You've never bobbed for apples before?"

"What?" You gasped and dragged him over to the booth. You paid to get two dunks.

"Okay, so what you want to do is dunk your head in the water and try and grab an apple with your mouth. I'll go to show you then you can go!" You rubbed your hands together then dunked your head into the freezing water and tried to get an apple, but came up empty. The cold wind his your now wet face and you yelped, cover ing you face with your scarf.

"I think I get it." He nodded and practically slammed his face into the tub. He resurfaced thirty seconds later, and moved bits of his mullet to the side. There was an apple sitting between his two lips. You groaned and covered you face.

"This is so embarrassing! I was beaten by a noob!" Keith smiled and handed you the apple. You smiled and took a bite out of it, suddenly realizing you were hungry. "Now you're hairs wet, what are you gonna do?"

He started shaking his hair, spraying you with a mist of water. You screamed and tried to run, he stopped and started laughing. Then he slung his arm across your shoulders and sighed. "What other games are there?"

"None involving death." You replied. A small sign escaped his lips and you laughed, ruffling his wet hair. "We can look around for a bit?"

"Fine." He pouted and you both began to walk around, Keith practically hanging on you. He seemed to be disinterested in all the games. Then he found one... "Oh my god (Y/N)."

"What?" You turned to see him staring at a giant stuffed hippo at the darts stand.

"Can we get it?" He whispered, you could almost see stars in his eyes. You nodded and he dragged you to the booth. You paid for him, he had three tries to pop two ballots, and my god Keith sucked at it. You blew through eighteen buck like nothing. "Ug, I can't get it!"

You paid two more buck and took the three darts. You threw all three of them, each popping a different ballon. "What prize do you want?" The man asked.

"The ugly hippo." You sighed taking it from the man and turning to, Keith. He smiled and hugged you and the hippo. When he released you he tried to take the hippo, but you moved it. "Manners Keith."

"Can I please have the hippo?" You rolled your eyes and handed it to him. "How'd you do that?"

"Lance and I always compete in darts. Who always wins? Me. Obviously." You bowed for yourself and clapped you hands.

You brought the hippo to the car then went back to the festival. "Only three more things on the list!" You exclaimed, dragging over to the corn maze. "First one to navigate their way out wins!"

"Oh I'm going to crush you!" He replied. You rolled your eyes and clapped.

"One... two... three, go!" You yelled. Keith sprinted into the maze and you laughed, walking around the end of the maze. You waited for about an hour, on your phone before Keith emerged, looking shocked, you smiled at him. "Get lost?"

"How...?"

"Doesn't matter. It almost dark so you know what that means? Haunted house!" You grinned.

"What?" He asked. You sighed, and dragged him to the attraction. You quickly entered and you were in for some fun.

Thirty minutes later you emerged practically Clinging to an unaffected Keith. "We're not doing that again." You whispered and he laughed.

"Whatever, you say. So what's last on the list?"

"Ferris Wheel." He nodded and you lead him through the park. You both got into a booth together and sat shoulder to shoulder looking at the star lit sky. You stopped at the top and you both looked over the festival lights, it was a beautiful sighed. You sighed and Keith looked over at you. You turned to meet his eyes and you both leaned in.

His lips connected to yours and you felt your stomach flip, his hand intertwined with yours and his other hand running though your hair. It gave a pleasurable feeling. He pulled away for air and you were sure he could see stars in your eyes. "Thanks for this, (Y/N)."

"A-Anytime." You smiled softly, resting you head on his shoulder.