Keith X Reader

⚠️After Lotor Saves Keith⚠️

"Keith!" I yelled running to him. He turned to me and I pulled him into a hug. He seemed surprised, but I didn't move.

"What's-"

"Matt told us everything." I whispered, clutching his armor. His whole body went limp in my arms as we both crashed to the floor. Keith leaned against me, with tears shining on both of our faces. "Why'd you even consider doing it?"

"I... it was for the greater good of the universe." He mumbled leaning into my shoulder. I ran a hand through his hair, holding back as many tears as I could.

"Where did you get that idea?"

"The Blade-"

"Keith come back to Voltron. It's not the same without you."

"I can't." He mumbled. I pulled away and placed a small parcel in his hands. I whipped away more tears and he looked at me wide eyed.

"I was hoping you'd have the opposite response, but we don't alway get what we want... do we?" I laughed sniffing as I shook my head.

"What's this?" He asked, gesturing to the parcel.

"Uh... well I talked to Shiro. It was your birthday last week. So happy belated birthday. You're eighteen now. An actual adult, so you're allowed to make your own decisions." I nodded, whipping my eyes again, before shoving my hands back into my pockets. "Bye, Keith."

I walked away and tried to stop crying as I walked to the bridge. The door slid open and Lance and Hunk saw me crying and walked over to me, slowly pulling me into a little group hug. It only made me cry more. "It's okay. He's an idiot anyway." Lance mumbled.

Keith's P.O.V.

I opened the parcel from (Y/N). Inside was a silver chair and a badass sword charm attached to it. I smiled and whipped away some tears. Engraved on the sword was a message. 'Happy Eighteenth. Love, (Y/N).', my smile fades as I sat in the corner, trying not to cry anymore.

~Happy Birthday Keith~