Pidge X Reader (Modern AU!)

⚠️I'm sorry⚠️

"Hey, Pidge!" You yelled as you walked into your apartment. You just finished your last class for the day and you were ready to do something other than work your brain.

"In the zone." Pidge mumbled from the table.

"What are you doing? Homework?" You asked as you looked over her shoulder onto her computer screen. She was writing another page for her blog. They Walk Among Us. It was a shared blog with, Keith. The two nuts had a thing for alien conspiracies. "Never mind. Want me to get you something to drink?"

"In the zone." She repeated. You nodded. It was a Tuesday. So Tuesday 'in the zone' days usually meant soda. You grabbed two soda's from the fridge and placed one in front of her and opened the other one for yourself. You took a sip and sat down next to her. "Done! When did I get home?"

"Where were you when you started getting "into the zone"?" You asked as she popped open her soda. She took a sip and thought for a moment.

"I was at the library-"

"Shiro, brought you home then." She thought for another moment and then nodded.

"You're probably right. How was class, did you learn anything useful for once?"

"I learned how to dissect a dead cat." You shuddered and Pidge sighed.

"Gross."

"What'd you learn today for your blog?"

"Nothing important, just another UFO sighting in Greenland. That's the eighth one this year. I think something strange may be going on there. Do you think we have enough money to take a plane?"

"No. We're college students, Pidge."

"Right, I forgot about that for a minute." She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair.

"How long have you been up?"

"Since yesterday morning. I've drank eighteen coffee's since then."

"Jesus, I thought we talked about this, Pidge." You pointed to the bedroom door and she stood up slowly and chugged the rest of her soda before slamming it on the table. Someone knocked on our door and Pidge turned to the door. "I'll get it."

They knocked again and more quickly this time, and more heavier. You stood up and walked to the door. You opened it and Keith barged in wearing a hoodie that covered most of his face. You closed the door. "Keith, what are you doing here?"

He threw the hoodie off to reveal purple ears sprouting up out of his thick hair. "ALIENS ARE REAL PIDGE!"

"OH MY GOD I KNEW IT!" You tugged on the ears on top of Keith's head and they retracted and disappeared into his head.

"Keith, I swear to god, this is the twelfth time this week you've came here to show us the same ears. Go home." You shoved him out the door and when you turned around you saw Pidge typing on her computer quickly. "No you don't!"

You snatched her laptop away and shut it off and placed it in the high cubby that she couldn't reach. "But (Y/N)-"

"Go to bed. You need to sleep." You dragged her into the bedroom and laid her on the bed. She pouted and turned her back to you, but as soon as she closed her eyes she was out like a light. You smiled and took off her glasses and set them on the nightstand and pulled the covers up to her shoulder. "Goodnight, Pidge." You kissed her forehead and left the room to let her sleep.