Klance CTM!AU

⚠️Kill A Man, You Carve The Mark⚠️

"Keith." Shiro's voice ran cold over his spin as he tried to push his weak form off the floor. His current, running quickly like new veins in his skin. Shadows. The black current rippled under his skin. Keith lifted his head and through the tears and sweat he managed to see a tall boy standing next to Shiro. Not quite as tall.

It clicked in Keith's head. He'd seen this boy the day he arrived at the Shirogan Household. Lance McClain. He had gained another kill mark since Keith had last seen him. Two kill marks.

"Why did you bring him here?" Keith spat, trying to push himself up again, but simply failing and slamming his fist against the floor.

"I think he has a current power you'll be interested in." Shiro smiled. Lotor walked over to Keith and helped him sit, while Lance rolled up his sleeves and crouched down in front of Keith, holding his bare arms out. He was inviting Keith to hold his hand, he must not have known about Keith's current power, and how many it killed. "Take his hand, Keith."

Keith placed his hands in Lance's and the pain running through him disappeared, and the shadow currents stopped pulsing under his skin. Keith looked up into Lance's eyes, noticing the calm ocean on the surface with crashing waves behind the calm. "My body cancels out the current. It cancels out your pain." He said simply. I turned my head to Shiro.

"What is the meaning of this?" I spat angrily. Lotor seemed to be amused on the side.

"He's your new servant, when you need relieving he will do as you say." Keith looked to Lance, but he didn't make eye contact.

"Is this because you have his brother's hand under the knife? If he fails to do what I ask his brother will be murdered?"

"No, brother, it's simply his Fate. It tells us that he's to die in the service of the family, Shirogan." Shiro smiled wickedly.

"As for his brother and sister?" Keith asked, wrenching his arms away from Lance, feeling the pain return and the currents swim around his skin.

"His brother in the new oracle, and his sister was of no value to us. We left her with her dead father, two years ago?" Shiro replied. "Well, we'll leave you two to talk, Lotor, come with me." Shiro instructed. They both left, leaving the two boys on the floor to speak.

"I assume you know where your quarters are." Keith said, as he rose. "You should head to your room for the night. I am in no need of your help right now."

"Doesn't it hurt at night?" Lance finally spoke since Shiro took over his voice. "Your current power."

"I wouldn't call it a power. It kills everything around me and tries to consume me too. It's referred to as Current Shadow." Keith replied coolly and he untied his hair. "Why does it matter to you?"

"It's my job to relieve your pain." Lance spoke, solidly. His ocean eyes flickered.

"You have another kill mark." Keith changed the subject.

"It was from the Armored One I killed, during my training." Lance replied, cover the two marks with his hand.

"We don't count that as a kill-"

"Consider it a loss." Lance's voice overpowered, Keith's as he rose from the floor.

"Then add a line through that one vertically. It's Shirogan Law." Keith said as he put his hair back up. "Where's your armor, by the way, from the Armored One?"

"Being made."

"Fine, and about that scar, across you jaw line."

Lance's fingertips found the very scar, from ear to chin. "My brother gave that to you. Don't forget who you're working for."