Keith X Reader X Siren!Lance

This was it.

I was finally going on a date with Keith. The boy I'd liked the minute I laid eyes on him. With his shit cut mullet and bad attitude. He wasn't a great influence, but it's not liked my parents cared anyway, always out on damn business trips.

He had been my best friend since grade school, we met on the beach when we were seven.

Today we were going to the arcade on our date. It was just a suggestion from our friend Pidge. We decided to ride our bikes, it wasn't too far anyway, but we stopped to take in the great view of the ocean. We stood at the railing, staring out at the lapping blue waves, and the smiling sun hanging over the foamed water. "You look so happy."

"Oh. I just... really love the ocean." I smiled, tugging on my shirt. He smiled and squeezed my hand.

"We should have a date on the beach. You always look so happy when you're by the water." He smiled. A laugh escaped my parted lips.

"It's where I met you."

On our way home we passed the ocean again, and I almost slipped off my bike looking at the sunset. The orange and yellow light dipping into the calm surface. It was distracting.

My house came first, and Keith gave me a hug goodbye, and I locked my bike up in the garage, and ran to my room, tuckered out. Long day of school, then a date right after. I found myself drifting as soon as I hit the pillow.

Waking up in the middle of the night startled me. I'd always slept through the night. The sound of crickets, and lapping waves against rocks always kept me sleeping. I looked out my window, the curtains swaying with the wind, and the moonlight illuminated the floorboards.

I pushed myself to my feet and walked to the window. The street was empty, aside from the occasional car driving by. I ran downstairs, and checked the time. Two a.m. I sighed, running a hand through my hair, and grabbing a jacket as I walked out to the garage.

I grabbed my bike, and found myself drifting down a current of black, straight towards the overlook of the ocean. I jumped off my bike and threw myself to the edge, looking at the star lit waters. They looked crystallized, and mythological.

I could feel myself immediately calm down. I leaned on the railing, taking in the cool breeze. I could feel the waves whisper my names, and the ocean calling me.

I answered.

Lance's P.O.V.

I watched them, they came every day, and just, stared. Some times they were with that boy, sometimes they weren't. They showed up tonight. Alone.

Something was wrong I could tell as they leaned onto the railing. They never came at night. I watched as the bar broke out from under the,, and they plunged several yards in front of me, from a fifty foot drop.

My body worked faster than my brain, and I found myself swimming towards them. I pulled them into my arms, and tried to figure out what to do. I couldn't go on land, they'd drown, but I also couldn't kiss them. They'd turn into a siren as well.

My body moved faster than my brain again, and I found my lips on theirs. Their body was immediately enveloped in a bright light.

Your P.O.V.

My eyes fluttered open, and I was still in the water, but I was breathing normal. I looked at my hands, normal, but I felt off. My eyes found my... fin. I screamed in surprise and looked around until I saw a boy staring at me, upside down. I jolted away. "Who are you?"

"Lance. I've seen you before. You're always looking at the ocean. What's your name?" He asked moving closer, examining me.

"(Y/N). What... what happened to me? Why am I like this?" I gestured to my new mermaid type form, thing.

"The ocean chose you." He smiled. I raised my eyebrows, and swam up. "Hey, where you going?"

"I need to go find, Keith."

"That boy? The one with the black hair?"

"How do you know him?" I asked, slowly turning. Lance pressed his lips together and looked up at the surface. "Look. I just want to go back to being human-"

"You can't the ocean chose you-"

"I don't want the ocean!" I exclaimed. He swam up to me, and took my arms.

"The ocean doesn't care. It chose you because it was either this or death. If you haven't  figured it out. I am the ocean." I sighed and covered my face, I was in love with two boys?

"Everything was just starting to turn out okay." His lips found mine, and I also found myself screaming inside. I moved away. "What-"

"Sorry." He began to swim away, and I felt my eyes widen. I looked up and at the surface I saw the cliff I fell from, and I swam up. At the top of the cliff I saw him. Keith. He was looking down, searching. I think he spotted me, because he climbed over the bar, and jumped. I felt something pull me down.

I came face to face with Lance. "What are you doing?" He hissed. I heard a splash behind me, and Lance's eyes widened. "You just..."

I spun around and saw Keith, staring wide eyed and I gasped. "Keith!"

He swam up quickly and I followed him. He grabbed my shoulders as soon as he was breathing. "(Y/N) you-"

I kissed him and he stopped talking. He hugged me tightly. "I'm sorry."

"I can't leave." I whispered.

"I don't understand."

"You will one day. When you're ready the ocean will tell you. For now I have to go with him." I gestured to Lance down below. "He's my other love."

Keith looked confused. "Just know I love you."

"One day you'll have to chose." Keith stated.

"Until that day comes, I chose staying in between."

"I'm going to visit you."

"Damn right you will... I have to go now." I frowned, and he nodded. He kissed my temple, and I smiled, before slowly sinking down under the water.

"You love me?" Lance asked.

"I love the ocean."