Shiro X Diabetic!Reader (Modern AU!)

I waved my hand in a fanning motion, trying to cool myself. I felt like I was sweating through my skin. I started plucking my shirt and trying to find some relief to the burning heat, despite being in the middle of winter.

I started to feel sweat dripping down my face and I felt knots in my stomach. "Mrs. (L/N)? Are you paying attention?"

I took a deep breath and managed a nod, I wasn't sure I could speak even if I wanted to, my professor went back to the lecture and I felt a sturdy hand on my shoulder, Shiro. I knew it before I saw his face.

I looked over at him and flashed a weak smile. He had concern etched in his face and I waved him off, and continued to fan myself. I was also wearing odd apparel for the middle of winter. Tank top, shorts, tennis shoes. I didn't have to go outside all day, and I only had five minutes between my three lectures, each three hours long.

I was in my second class, and I could feel myself begin to choke on the heat in the room. I could physically feel myself dying. "(Y/N)." Shiro whispered, his voice soft.

I waved a hand at him and cleared my throat weakly, "I'm fine."

"I just said your name twenty times, you didn't respond until the last."

"I'm fine." I urged, fighting the growing need to throw up. "I'm just warm."

"It's literally five degrees in the room right now." He replied, placing a hand on my forehead and I pushed him away, and continued to fan myself. "Did you take your insulin?"

Oh...

I shook my head, it completely slipped my mind this week, I'd been caught up in work and my mind missed it. I shook my head and stood up, grabbing my bag and stumbling out of the room. The halls seemed to stretch on and I could see the door. "(Y/N)!"

I didn't listen to Shiro and kept heading for the door. It was inches away and I felt his arms wrap around me and he held me in place. I shook my head and tried to pry his arms away from me. "Shiro... I'm dying," you gasped, reaching for the door. He carried you outside, but it was still a thousand degrees.

I painted and tried to shake my way out of his arms, I was dropping my textbooks, one by one. I reached for them as Shiro carried me toward wherever. I rolled out of his arms and landed in the cold snow, and was starting to feel relief.

But then the relief was gone and my head was spinning, I had sweat dripping from my skin. Shiro wrapped his arms around me and picked me up, he set me on a seat and I groaned, I felt like hell and I couldn't move. "Where are we?" I asked, trying to make sense of everything and I pushed myself upright in the back seat of his car.

"I'm taking you back to your dorm." I shook my head and leaned against the cool window

"Can't... get in." I mumbled, trying to focus on breathing.

"Pidge is meeting us there." Shiro replied. I never even felt the car move before Shiro dragged me out of the car and into the dorms. I closed my eyes and breathed heavily.

"Shiro, what happened?"

"She hasn't been taking her insulin." Shiro's voice was calm, but quick and I could literally feel my heart beating. "Open the door!"

"I'm trying!" I heard a click and were rushed into a room and Shiro laid me on my bed. I listened to the rustling around and felt something inserted into my arm and I gasped, before my vision cleared and I was suddenly sucking in deep breaths of freezing air, my skin cold to the touch and I wanted to cry.

Shiro placed a warm hand on my cheek and I sighed. "Sorry."

"It's okay, just don't pull a stunt like that again," he laughed. A small smile escaped me and I pulled Shiro down and placed a quick kiss on his lips.

"My hero." I joked. He chuckled and kissed you again.