Lance X Reader

"I don't know what you're so worried about," I shrugged looking over my shoulder at Lance. You swung your sword around a few times and yawned before stretching your arms. "I've done this drill with, Keith maybe a thousand times! I can handle it on my own."

"I didn't say you couldn't, but isn't it dangerous? Like, Keith almost got knocked the other day on it, when he tried on his own." Lance urged. You shot him a look and sighed.

"Look, Keith screwed up, but I won't. I know I won't." You insisted. Lance still didn't look sure so you dropped your sword and walked over to him. You wrapped your arms around his neck, loosely, and smiled. "I'm gonna be fine. Besides aren't you the one who says, Keith is always a screw up or whatever?"

Lance looked away with his cheeks burning red. "Yeah, I am the one who says that." He chuckled rubbing his neck.

"Then why are you so worried?" You asked.

"It's just... dangerous."

"I know, but you gotta let me do things on my own sometimes, it's how relationships work. If all goes to hell then you're aloud to say 'I told you so'. Does that make you feel any better?"

"No." He mumbled. You smiled and kissed his cheek and he perked up a bit. "Yes."

"Good, now get out so I can train!" You pushed him out of the room and a minute later you saw him wave from the observation deck. You waved back and took a deep breath.

You quick summoned your sword and clutched it tightly in your hand before tying Hunk's bandana over your eyes. You swung your sword a few times until you were satisfied, but blind. "Engage Training System Level X Five." You spoke.

You could feel the air temps drop ten degrees and you shivered. You could her clomping footsteps and spun to face the direction they were being generated from. You sliced in the direction and heard the satisfying shink!

Your blade cut through the first drone. You always kept going, it never stopped unless the system caught blood on the floor, or if you commanded it to end. You could hear several footsteps from all around. You waited five seconds before swinging through four of them in a circle.

Everything was going as smoothly as you'd planned. You were already beating the system and nothing was stoping you yet. You felt two hands wrap around your neck and lift you off your feet.

You didn't struggle, but just morphed the sword into a gun and shot the drone holding you up. You were released and more drones ran towards you. You turned in the direction you heard the footsteps and shot until you heard the blast on metal.

You were tearing through the exercise, running the system, wrecking Keith's high score. You were going to be ready in the next fight. All was going to go to hell for the Galra.

If only you'd considered the fact that some of the drones might have guns, too.

You were about to finish off another drone when you felt it. A searing pain straight through your stomach. One so powerful it forced you to your knees. Your walls crumbling you couldn't see and you were in too much pain to move, everything seemed to be spinning.

Warm liquid pooled around your legs as you leaned over, trying to grip the reality of the situation. Blood, your blood poured over your fingers. Instead of screaming the only thing to escape your lips was a cracked laugh. You could hear a scream after that.

It sounded slurred to your now fading hearing. You fell to the cool metal floor, now slick with your blood. You felt the thud next to you as someone dropped to the floor, the bandana was ripped from your eyes and you could see a blurry Lance hovering over you.

You could feel his slender fingers as they pressed to your wound. You placed a gentle hand over his and let out a raspy breath. "You... can say... it."

The only words you could manage, the only words that seemed to fit the situation. The only thing that worked with the dilemma. Lance slid his arms under your legs and back and slowly lifted you off the ground. "I'm not going to say it. You're going to be okay, though. Alright?"

"I... just say it." You insisted, gripping the front of his jacket, smearing the Crimson into the thick green fabric. You winced as he started running down the hall.

"I told you so, there you happy?" You could see tears dripping from his cheeks and you managed to move up enough to kiss his cheek.

"I've never been this happy." You coughed and he sped up. His legs moving rhythmically, his feet pounding in four, four time. The echo in your ears of his panting breath and your own fading breath. "I... love you, Lance." You choked out, just barely audible.

"I love you too." He paced. His face showed the deep concentration etched in his brow and you admired it. You skidded to a stop in front of a large door and when you walked through Lance brought you to a cryopod.

"You're not going to... tell Keith. Right?"

"Don't worry about that." Lance placed a kiss on your forehead before the cryopod turned on and your vision went black.

~You decide your happily ever after, or you gruesome end~