Chapter Ten

Kristina POV

What?!?!?!?  I sat there shocked at what he just said to me. I couldn't believe what he just said.  He wants me!  I wanted to say something but I couldn't. 

"I-"He cut me off by raising his hand. 

"Don't say anything"He said I felt like melting. "Can I ask you something?" He said I nodded my head. He smiled.

"There is a charity ball tonight.  Will you go with me?" He asked. I nodded my head.  His smile got ten times bigger. I just nodded. Didn't ask when, where or why I just said yes. Like the control over my body was at -1000 and the control over my mind was like a puddle of mush. He was changing me into a totally different person in less than 24 hours.

Bella came back and sat down.  "What did I miss.?" She asked looking at Ken then at me. 

"I asked her to the ball tonight." He said still staring at me.

"Oh good!" She said clapping her hands and looking at me. "It's so much fun! Do you have a dress.? Some shoes?  Oh My Gosh!  Let's go shopping!" She said. She asked all these questions but not once letting me answer them.

"Uh.  I don't shop and um -" She cut me off but holding up her hand. 

" Pish posh.  If your going to be here you will learn to shop! " She said smiling at me. I had suddenly got very uncomfortable. I really didn't have that much money to even buy anything. I was planning on getting a job and everything. But honestly if I didn't get the spot in Julliard I was going back home but the plans have changed.

I think I must have said that out loud cause they were both looking at me with annoyed expressions. Ken pulled out his wallet and handed the black card to his sister. "It's on me " He said still looking at me.  Bella squealed.  He chuckled and I looked away. 

"It starts at seven."

We all got up from the table. Bella nodded and grabbed my hand.  Ken held the door open for us. We walked back around the corner. There was a black glossy limousine in front of the building.  The driver got out and opened the back door.  Ken hugged Bella and waved at me before getting in. I let out the breath that I've been holding in.

We walked back to my Prius. Bella got in the passenger seat and settled in.  I took out my Galaxy S5, a gift the Craig gave me for my birthday and called my parents. 

"Mosby " My mom said.

"Hey,  Momma it's me."

"Oh Kris!  Hey honey. "

"I got accepted and I got the part as Odette in the dance. " I said.

"Oh My Gosh. Honey that is just wonderful. I am so proud of you.  I knew you could do it.  You've made me so proud. " My mother started to sniff. I got in the car and started it.  Bella was looking at me.

"Thanks.  I'm still coming back to get the rest of my stuff. Okay?" I said

"Yes yes oh my baby's leaving me. " She laughed. I laughed also. 

"Hey momma I have to go okay I'll talk to you later.  I love you. "I said

"Okay baby.  I love you too. Bye"

"Bye. " I said and hung up. I turned to Bella. 

"Where too?"

"Just drive north until I tell you to stop." She said with a huge grin on her face.

This was going to be terrible.  I don't shop at all.