Chapter Thirty

Ken POV

It was awkward for a moment just standing here with Kristina's father. He staring at me like he wanted to rip my head off. 

"Where's the TV and beer?" He asked walking away.  I smiled and headed to the kitchen and grabbed a couple of beers. I walked into the living room and he was standing there looking at the remote as if it was an alien. I took the remote and turned it on.  I handed him a beer and sat down on the couch.  He sat down also. I flipped to a basket ball game.

We sat in silence for a moment.

"Do you love my baby girl?" he asked taking a big drink.

"Mr. Mosby, I-" He cut me off with a raise of his hand.

"Just call me John.  I don't like all the Mr.  and Mrs. stuff." He said taking another big drink.

"Okay. John.  I do love your daughter. I want to marry her. " I said looking the TV.  I could feel his eyes on me.  I turned and he was staring at me intently.

"You want to what? " He asked raising an eyebrow.

"I want to marry her.  I love her. I want to spend the rest of my life with her. She makes me happy and free.  When I am with her I feel like my life could be normal.  I want her. She is like my other half.  May I, marry your daughter? " I asked looking at him. He looked at me for what seemed like eternity.

What he did next confused me the most.  He smiled. "Well before I give an answer I need to know a little bit about you" He said turning slightly so that he was facing me.  He stretched his arm out on the back of the couch.  He was waiting for me to start talking. 

I opened my mouth and poured my life out to him.

¥¥¥¥¥

When I was done telling him all about myself and why I wanted to marry his daughter and how she was going to be safe and loved with my side of the family he seemed to relax with the more I talked. 

"So your a freaking billionaire? " He said smiling. I stiffened and nodded my head.  The last time a parent asked me that question was Stephanys and that was terrible. I hope they weren't like that.

His smile got bigger and he clapped my shoulder hard. 

"Go ahead. I can tell you are head over heels in love and I don't want to stop you. "He said but then his face became serious. "But if I hear you not doing right by my baby girl I will hurt you. " He stared into my eyes. I nodded my head and smiled.  "Welcome to the family Ken. But her brothers are a lot tougher than me. "

"KEN! " I heard my name being screamed from the top of the stairs and we both shot of the couch and ran to the stairs. Betty was standing at the top cry. John ran up and wrapped her in a hug.

"What's the matter baby?  " He said. I reached the top and headed to the bedroom.  The bathroom door was closed and I could hear the water running. I tried to open the door but it was locked. I knocked .

"Kristina! " I pounded on the door. "Kristina! " I was starting to panic. I pulled my keys out and I looked for the key.  I found it and unlocked the bathroom door. The floor was soaking wet and Kristina was curled in a ball on the floor. 

"Shit. " I heard Tony mutter behind me.  He came around with a towel in hand and picked Kristina up and carried her out of the bathroom.  I turned the water off and walked into the bedroom.  Betty was on the bed with her daughter in her arms. She was rocking side to side and crying silently.

What the hell?

I dropped to my knees in front of them and grabbed Kristinas hand. 

"What happened?" I whispered and brought her hand to my lips.

"I asked is she was pregnant and she just flipped out and went into the bathroom. " My head snapped up and I looked at Betty.

"She's pregnant? " I asked. My eyes growing wider.  I looked at her stomach and I could picture my baby growing in her. I was getting excited. I wanted a baby but is it too soon? 

"I don't know.  She went in the bathroom and locked it.  I could hear her throwing stuff and then the water came on.  I couldn't open the door. I got scared and called you. " She said wiping away tears.

John came next to us and wrapped an arm around her shoulders and kissed her forehead. "It's okay baby.  She fine. " We all looked at Kristina and she was looking at me with vacant eyes.  She looked like a zombie.

"Baby? Are you okay?  What's the matter? " I asked rising up a little to be eye level.

She looked down at her stomach and tears started rolling down her face. 

"You guys need to talk. " John said and grabbed Betty's hand.  She layed Kristina on the bed and they walked out. Before the door closed I heard John. " I need to tell you about his plans. " He said.  I turned around and sat on the edge. 

"Baby are you okay?" I asked.

"I can't have a baby. " She said and looked down.  I lifted her chin. She still didn't look at me. 

"Is having my baby that bad? " I asked. I felt a little hurt .

She looked startled.  "No!  Ken I'm not ready for a baby. " She said laying her head on my shoulder. "I'm not ready." She repeats through sobs.  I rubbed her back and held her tight.

I pulled my phone out and texted Tony. 

Get pregnancy test

Three minutes later he replied.
Yes sir.

I wanted a baby but I was in the same boat as her. I wasn't ready.