Chapter twelve

Kristina POV

The lights were blinding me.  I kept hold to Bella.  We both gathered our dresses in our free hand and walked up the steps.  We let them fall once we reached the door. We walked in still arm and arm. Two waiters came up to us.  We both grabbed a glass of champagne.  It was nice and cool. 

The music was soft and lovely. We walked for a minute. We talked to a bunch of people and she introduced me to quite a few people who were really interesting and some I did not even know were famous let alone existed. I know that's the same with me.  We reached a gray haired man and a dark haired lady.

"Daddy. Momma, This is Kristina Mosby. Shes my new friend and we dance together at Julliard starting today."She said Smiling " Kris This is my mother Tammy and my father Kenneth Truman Sr. Kris is actually Ken's date tonight. "

"It's good to meet you sweetheart " Tammy said kissing both of my cheeks.

"Hello Ms. Mosby" Kenneth said shaking my hand. He looked just like Ken his hair was just gray. "Ken went to the bar he should be back any moment." He said with a smile. 

"Daddy she got accepted to Julliard today.  She got the part of Odette. Isn't that wonderful? " Bella said with a huge smile.

"That really good.  You love to dance? " He said. Tiny cracks formed around his face turning his flawless face into a ageing mans. He was a nice looking man. If her was painted and put in a museum I swear I would stand there and stare all say if it was possible without being extremely creepy.

"Yes very much. Ive been dancing since I was five. "I said taking a sip of my champagne. There was a hand that came down on my back. I jumped a little.  I turned to see that it was Ken.  He looked good enough to eat.  He looked me from head to toe. A smile crept across his face.  His eyes burning turning into pools of green like earlier at the deli.  

"You look... Beautiful." He said looking me in the eye.  He had on my black suit with a white shirt and a black tie. That simple outfit looked so good on him. 

"Thank You" I said blushing. 

"Dance with me" He said taking my hand in his and pulling to the dance floor. I handing the glass to Bella.  She and her parents was smiling at me.

We went to the center of the room and we started dancing.  A slow song started and he pulled me close. He looked down at me. His eyes biting with lust.  I looked at his mouth. He bent his head and placed his lips on mine. I froze for a second then closed my eyes and kissed him back. When we broke apart there was a smile on his lips. We were both breathing heavy.  He pulled me closer and I laid my head on his shoulder. He tightened his grip on my waist and we continued to dance. I looked over and people was staring at us and His parents and Bella had the biggest smiles on there faces.  Bella had her thumbs up. I closed my eyes.

**************

After the dance we sat at a table. It was a charity auction next. I've never been to an event like this and it felt really awkward and I felt so out of place. Ken really made me feel special out there on the dance floor.

"Next is the charity single ladies auction. All of the single woman in the building will come up and men will place an amount for a dance with the lovely lady of their choosing. All money goes to St. Judes Children's hospital for all of the great work that they are doing and for everything that they have done for children all over and for many of our children in this very room. So now can I have all ladies please join me on the stage." The MC said. Many woman started standing and making their way to the stage. I stayed seated. It was not my type of thing. The attention.

"Come on Kris! This will be fun." Bella said taking my hand.

"Oh no I'm fine really. You can go and have fun." I said trying to pull my hand back but the girl had an iron grip.

"Bella she doesn't want to go. " Ken said.

"Shut up. She's single and dancing is her life. Come on. Just do this one thing and I will leave you alone.

I sat and thought it over. Staring into her eyes trying to find a lie in there but I only saw truth. I reluctantly stood up and followed her to the stage.

Standing up there with everyone watching me I felt naked and vulnerable. I wanted to just bolt and hide under a table. I looked around and found Ken staring at me. He had a dark look on his face like he was determined to do something.

"Now that we have our lovely ladies up here on stage we need our single men to stand on the dance floor. We will start biding once everyone is down here.

Ken stood up. I followed his every move. I wanted him to bid on me. I don't know why but having him looking like he's stalking his prey made me feel a certain way, and I liked it.

Once every guy stood on the floor she started biding and taking money. Bella and I were the last two and I felt so weird.

The MC stood next to me. There were seven guys left who didn't get a girl and Ken was one of them.

"Okay men start your amount." She said smiling.

"One million." One short guy said. His black hair gelled back. He looked like he hadn't hit puberty yet. Everyone in the crowd oohed and ahhed at the amount I guess it was pretty high.

"Two million." Ken said. Looking only at me. I felt my stomach flip.

"Two and a half." They guy came back with.

Ken looked at me. "Five million." He said smirking. The guy looked over at Ken with his mouth hanging open and shook his head.

"Five million? Going once. Going twice. Dance SOLD to Kenneth Truman Jr." The MC announced. The crowd cheered. Ken came to the stage and helped me walk down.  

That was really fun but he just spent five million dollars for a dance with me.