Chapter Forty-Eight

Ken POV
Day of Kristina attack. One week ago.

I was at the office going through files.  My phone rung. It was Kristina. I picked up the receiver and cradled it between my shoulder and my cheek.

"Yes baby. " I said. 

There was glass shattering on the other line. I pulled the phone away a little. Kristina screamed. .

"NO!  LET GO OF ME! KEN!" I heard through the line. I sat shocked at what I was hearing.  That was my fiancée and my baby in danger and I just say there stuck unable to move. 

"Shut the Fuck up!  or so help me I will kill you! " A male voice said.  I heard flesh connect to flesh , what sounded like someone fell to the ground and a moan.  The call disconnected.

Just then Tony busted through the door. He looked frightened. His eyes were wild and he stared at me.  I felt moisture on my face. I was crying. 

"Sir , we have a team out at where her  phone was just connected." I nodded my head.

"Send in more help.  I want her found alive and my baby. "

"Yes sir" He said pulling his phone out and walking away. 

I put my head on my desk and cried.  I was hoping and praying my family was alive. 

¥¥¥¥¥
Two days later

Every news station was covering Kristina's disappearance.

Billion dollar baby and fiancée missing. Scrolled across the screen. Her parents, my parents,  Craig, Jason, I had finally met him, Bella , Lucas Fabio,  Joey, Tony Carmella, Mr. Graves, Joanne and myself were all in the living room. Betty was crying non stop for two days and it was starting to get annoying.  I canceled every meeting that I had until they were found. 

Her picture was big on the screen. Her smiling, her blue eyes shining. Her smile so straight and white. Tears rolled down my cheeks. There was another picture that had pooped up and it was her most recent.

We were at the Eiffel Tower a month ago. We had went to France just because . Her hair was pulled up into a ponytail high on her head. She had on a halter top sundress.  It was red and orange. She had flip flops on. She looked amazing.  She leaned against the rail with her hands on her stomach smiling at the camera. Paris was spread out behind her. The picture was wonder full.

The news went off and Two and a Half Men came on. We sat in silence watching.

My phone rung. It was an unknown number.  "Truman" I said standing up and leaving Tony, my father,  Lucas and John came with me. We all walked up to my office and I our the phone on speaker.

"Listen to me carefully." A male voice said. I pressed record on the recorder and put it closer to the phone.  " Two million Five hundred Dollars delivered to an old lady in red at Madison Square Garden by seven o'clock or your wife to be and unborn child are dead. " He said and hung up.

I stood there staring at my phone.  Tony cursed, John slammed his hands on my desk , his eyes full of rage.  My dad had tears in his eyes and Lucas had a distant sad look in his. Tears ran down my face. I wiped them away.  I looked at the clock and it was four thirty. I had a couple hours to get the money together and assemble a team to follow the old lady where ever she went. 

"How the hell am I going to get two million out. Especially right now. " I said rubbing the back of my neck.

"Print fake money. " Lucas said in his thick accent.  "It's not like they are smart.  They basically just kidnapped a royal baby. They are not too bright." He said.  I nodded my head and looked at Tony.

"I'm on it,... Yes two million." He said into his phone. 

My phone rung and looked at it. It was Stephany.

"What do you want.?" I said. 

"Oh is that the way you speak to the woman who has your family? "

I froze. "You what? " I said in a whisper. Everyone in the room stopped talking and looked at me. I picked up the pen and wrote on the paper. 

Stephany has them.

Tony's eyes widened and he pulled his phone out and walked out the door. 

"I have your family. The baby might be dead. "She said like it was no big deal. "I kicked her pretty hard. She doesn't know how to keep her mouth shut and be respectful to Truman women." I blanched.  She might have killed my child. 

"You are not a Truman.  You never have and you never will. Your pathetic." I said hoping the words cut her.

"That's what she said. That's what got her kicked. Now I have to do it again since you said it. I want my money. And since you want to hear a bastard have it there in fifteen minutes. " She said then hung up. I cursed and threw my phone against the wall. It shattered.

"We have to have the money in fifteen minutes there. " I said. I might have just gotten my family killed. 

I slide to the floor and cried like the biggest baby in the world.