Chapter Twenty

Ken POV

After I left Kristina at her hotel I went home.  There were reporters everywhere.  I used the back entrance to get into my penthouse. She looked so depressed and vulnerable. I wanted to stay but I didn't.

I didn't like how they made her out like she was a one night stand. She was more than that to me.

On the elevator ride up I thought about what I should say to the papers and the news. I didn't like how they labeled her.

I had to make things straight if I wanted her to be mines.

¥¥¥¥¥

I woke reaching for my phone. I had six missed calls and twelve text messages.  They all seemed to be from Bella. It was 5:30am. I had to get up soon. I rolled over and stared up at the ceiling. I couldn't get her out of my head.

I stood up and grabbed some clothes and threw them on the bed and made my way to the shower.

Showered shaved and ready I left and went down to the lobby.

Tony, my bodyguard , was down there already waiting.

"Tony" I nodded my head in greeting.

"Mr. Truman" He repeated the gesture.

"Is it safe?" I asked looking towards the door.

"No sir.  We have to go through the garage this morning. "

"Very well. " I said walking towards the garage exit.

¥¥¥¥

I got to work and was thrown into meeting after meeting. During one meeting I texted Kristina.

Me: Want to do Lunch?

Two minutes later.

Kristina :That would be fine. @Julliard.. pick up about 11:45?
Me: That's fine. See you then.  :)

Kristina: ;)

I smiled and looked at the clock it was 11:20. I was so excited I couldn't even sit still.  I barely understood what the man was saying for the next 25 minutes. When the meeting finally dismissed it was 11:42. I hurried out of the conference room and down the hall to my office.

"Joanne"

"Yes sir." She said looking up from the screen.

"Please cancel all my meetings until after 1:45 , set a reservation for La Chateaux for 12 today and please call my car." I said looking through some files that was handed to me. 

"Yes Sir. " She picked up the phone and started dialing.

"Thank you very much Joanne.  I don't know what I'll do with out you. Oh and set up a press meeting. I want to get thing straight with the press. " I said smiling down at her.  She smiled back and set the reservations.

I walked into my office and checked some last minute emails. I checked the time. It was 11:55. I was kinda late but she'll forgive me hopefully.

I walked out,  waved at Joanne and stepped on the elevator. When I walked out the building my driver opened the door and we drove off. 

She was on the steps when we pulled up.  Her hair was hanging around her shoulders. She had on jeans and a nice button down shirt and flats.  She looked wonderful