Chapter Thirty-One

Ken POV

She fell asleep. I laid her down and kissed her. She looked content enough so I covered her up and headed to the door. I walked down the stairs and went to the living room.  Her parents was sitting on the couch watching TV. When I came in Betty looked at me and she smiled. 

"Is she sleep? "

"Yes." I said and flopped into the arm chair.

"Is she okay? " She asked leaning on her elbows. Kristina looked just like her mother. 

"She's just scared.  She said she wasn't ready to become a mother.  I don't blame her.  I have my security out getting her some tests and when she wakes I'm going to see if she wants to make an appointment." I said looking at her.

She smiled. "I see you have my baby taken care of. So you want to marry my baby?" She asked and I nodded.  She smiled and cane over to me and pulled me into a tight hug. "Welcome to the family Ken. " She said kissing my cheek. 

A throat cleared in the doorway and Tony stood there.

"Sir" he said holding the brown paper bag out. I went and took it from him and he walked away. I jogged up the stairs and into the bedroom.  The bed was empty and Kristina was in the bathroom cleaning up the water.

"Baby?" I stepped over some yield and went to her.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have had done that. "

"Don't apologize." I said taking the towel from her. "I'll have Macy clean that up. Here I had Tony get this for you. He got you about three just to make sure. " I handed her the bag. She nodded her head and took the bag from me.  She shooed me out of the bathroom. I sat down on the bed and covered my head with my hands.

Five minutes later Kristina opened the door.

"I'm not pregnant. " She said.

"Oh " I pouted.  I was a little disappointed. I wanted a baby but it's fine we could always try later. 

She walked over to me and sat on my lap.  "Do you want a baby? " She said looking at me. I stared back. 

"Yes,  but we can always do that later. " I said and kissed her on the nose.

"I'm just not ready yet.' She said wrapping her arms around my neck and putting her face in my neck. 

"I know baby. " I held her close and held her tight. I rubbed her back and she relaxed into me.

"I have to leave. " She said unwrapping herself from me and started getting up. 

"Where are you going? " I said holding her hand. 

" I have to go to rehearsal. I have two days until I have to perform." I forgot about the performance. I let go of her hand and walked out.  I went into my office and closed the door.  I sat at my desk and pulled my drawer open. Inside was a small black box.  I pulled it out and opened it.  Inside was a blue pillow with a diamond engagement ring in it.  The ring was 14 carats it had a solid gold band. I had it engraved with you are my love and my life.  I hoped it wasn't cheesy.

I closed the lid and set it back in the drawer. I opened the folder and set to work.

I had a long day ahead of me.