Chapter Forty-Four

Ken POV

It's been two weeks since Kristina came back and everything is back to normal.  She's dancing and growing.  I'm losing weight and being healthy again. 

I was at the gym looking at myself in the mirror. I looked pretty damned hot.  My abs were back and my muscles were thicker.  I was covered in sweat and was in desperate need of a shower.  I flopped my hair back. I need a haircut also. I pulled my phone out and took a picture and put it on instagram.

Done at the gym. Work out was amazing. Ready to head home to my family :)

I put my phone in my gym bag and it immediately started vibrating. I chuckled and headed to the showers.

¥¥¥¥

Instead of going home I went to the office.  Joanne was still there cause it was very busy today.  I leaned on her desk and folded my arms.  She looked up and smiled. 

"Yes. Mr. Truman?" She said and kept typing.

"I need your help. " I said looking at her screen.

"With? " She had stopped typing and was looking at me with a cocked eyebrow.  I never said I needed her help with anything.  I've always just told her and shed find a way to get it done and just how I liked it. 

" I want to repropose to Kristina. And I need a female touch to make it just right. " I said. She smiled.

"Okay start with dinner. What does she like? " She said pushing her keyboard away and pulling out a pad of paper and a pen.

" Uh when we go out she always get the Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo . I think thats her favorite." I said,  she nodded and wrote down what I was saying.

"Whats her favorite flower? " I started thinking. I really didn't know. I pulled my phone out.

Me: Random question.  what's your favorite flower?

I waited all of five minutes.

Her :Pink and yellow roses ...why?

Me: Just wondering.  I never knew.

Her: Um... okay. be home a little bit

Me: K. Love you

Her: Love you too. 

"Pink and Yellow roses" I said putting my phone back in my pocket.  She nodded and wrote it down. 

"Okay so you can start the night off with food. Then A nice romantic dance, since she loves to dance. Have nice flowers everywhere and with candles. Propose to her and if she says yes go and make another baby. " She said smiling and nodding her own approval.

I nodded also.  That was simple and romantic.

"Thank you so much." I said giving her a hug.  "Oh um could you help set it up. Preferably tonight. " I said scratching my head. 

She smiled and grabbed her purse. "I'll get the roses and candles. You go home get cleaned up and tell Fabio to hold Kristina off, Then tell Carmella to cook the meal.  " She said.  She was bossing me around.  I smiled at that and left. 

¥¥¥¥¥

On the ride home I had askes Fabio and he agreed. I sent Tony to get a dress from upstairs and take it to Kristina.  I texted Kristina. 
Just put the dress on and come home in about an hour.  I love you don't stress out about what's going on. I love you. 

I went into the house and straight to Carmella.  I'm so glad that she was not cooking.

"Hello Carmella, Could you please fix up some Fettuccine Alfredo with grilled chicken.?"

"Yes sir.  Special night? " She said pulling things out of the refrigerator.

"Yes very special. " I said going upstairs to take a shower.

¥¥¥¥¥

When I got out it smelled so good in the house.  I had twenty five minutes until Kristina was supposed to be home.  I went down stairs and there were Rose petals everywhere from the door to the dining room.  I went in the dining room and the table was set for two.  It had roses on the table and a bucket with ice and wine sitting in it. It was ChocolatRouge Gallo, one of my many favorites. And there was sparkling grape juice for Kristina. I smiled at that. I walked into the kitchen and Carmella was at the stove.  I walked up behind her and it smelled delicious.

"Almost done.?" I asked she almost dropped the spoon. 

"Kenneth! You can't be scaring people like that." She said holding her hand to her chest. 

"I'm sorry. " I said holding my hands up in mock surrender.

"Yes it is almost finished. " She said giving me the evil eye. " I just need to pull the bread out of the oven and finish the salad." She said moving to the island.

I walked out and into the living room and Joanne was there with Tony. Tony had his hands around her waist and was holding her close.  Joanne had her head on his shoulder. They were dancing. All of the furniture was moved out of the way.  Rose petals were formed into a circle in front of the fire place.  The fire was lit and there were candles on a few tables.  It smelled of vanilla and fresh roses. I watched them dance a few minutes more and cleared my throat.  They both jumped and looked anywhere but at me. 

"Having fun? " I said. Joanne looked down and blushed.  Tony didn't say anything.

"Well this looks wonderful Joanne thank you. " I said giving her a hug.  She left and I looked at Tony.  I smiled. "My secretary? " I said raising an eyebrow and walking back to the dining room. 

¥¥¥¥

Ten minutes later Kristina pulled up. She got out the car and slowly walked into the house. Her dress was long and flowy, it was red with yellow designes. It was beautiful . She has on heeled sandals. The dress fit perfectly around her growing stomach.  It wasn't big but you could tell that she was pregnant now.  Her hair was pulled up and curled.  I figured Fabio did that.

I came out of the dining room and walked up to her.  It was dark in the foyer. I kissed her. 

"What's going on? " She asked. 

"It's a surprise." I said pulling her into the dining room. I pulled her chair out and she sat down.  Carmella came out and placed our plates in front of us. 

"Ooo my favorite! Ken what's going on?  Please tell me. My favorite flowers,  food and juice. What's really going on?" She said. I laughed

"It's a surprise baby.  Be patient. " She huffed and dug into her pasta.  We talked about today. She had danced a little. I told her about what I did and we ate in a comfortable silence for a while. Carmella and Mr. Graves came out and took our plates and gave us desert.  Strawberry Cheesecake. It was my favorite.

We ate and talked some more. Then I took her into the living room.

"Oh my goodness! Ken this is beautiful." She said.  Tears started rolling down her face.  I started the music and we started dancing.

"I saw Tony and Joanne dancing. They looked happy." I said pulling her closer to me. 

"Really? Wow I would have never thought ." She said laying her head down on my shoulder and melting into me.

The song ended and a new one played. I pulled away from her. I dropped to one knee pulled the ring out of my pocket and her eyes widened. Tears started to run down her face.

"I love you with all of my heart.  I want you to be mine forever.  I want us to grow old together. I couldn't imagine a day that I could spend without you by my side. Kristina Claire Mosby, will you marry me? " I said.  I held my breath. 

She dropped to her knees. She grabbed my face and kissed me.  "Yes. One hundred billion times yes" She said I smiled, slipped the ring on her finger,  grabbed her face and kissed her.  They were soft kisses and they grew even more intense by the second.