Chapter Twenty-Three

Kristina POV

Lunch was amazing.  I was full. We laughed and talked about our families and friends.  I got to know him better.  He had only one sister, Bella, and a older brother, Daniel .  He told me that he owned Truman Inc. He never elaborated on what they actually did and I wasn't that curious either.  He told me his father ran the business until three years ago after his heart attack. He gave it to Ken because his brother was a chef and owned a lot of restaurants around New York. His mother was a TV cook.  She loved it and he said that he believed she would never give it up. And Bella was a dancer. His family was amazing. 

He would sit and listened to everything that I had to say and when I cried he held my hand and listened.  I loved that. I was starting to see the good side to the relationship. He never once interrupted me nor did he tune me out. I told him how homesick I was and how I wanted to visit my parents this weekend. I might not since I have to find a job then find a place to live. I couldn't stay in that hotel forever.

"You could stay with me if you liked." He suggested. I didn't reply back fast enough "Or not. Just a suggestion" He said with a shrug. 

"Are you sure?  I don't want to impose." I said looking at our joined fingers.

"Yes. It's fine. " He said pulling my chin up with his fingers and kissing me. 

"Okay. " I said a little breathless. He gave me a billion dollar smile and got up.  He held out his hand and we walked to the door. 

"Aren't you going to pay? " I asked looking back as the waiters cleared off out table.

"I already did. " He said continuing on walking. I never seen him pay.

We got to the door and I put my sunglasses on.  When we got out there was flashing lights and people yelling.  I started to panic.  I hated these kinds of things.  I guess I see the down side to this relationship.

Ken grabbed my elbow and pulled me through the crowd. The car pulled up and Tony jumped out of the passengers seat and grabbed me.  He picked me up bridal style and practically threw me in the backseat. 

"Jeez, Tony easy! " I heard Ken snap.  I curled into a ball in the seat and covered my face.  I was shaking.  I hated all the attention.

"Baby, are you okay? Your really pale. " Ken grabbed my arm and pulled me to him.  I sat in his lap and cried. The attention was getting to me.  I was such a crybaby. "Baby what's the matter? "He asked. He sounded really concerned.

I lifted my head from his shoulder and looked at him.  "I just hate all the attention, that's all.  I'm just a crybaby. " I said wiping my face.  He handed me a handkerchief. He kissed my forehead.

"I'm sorry. " He said wrapping his arms tightly around me. 

I layed my head down on his shoulder again and sighed.

I think I had to rethink this relationship.