Chapter Fifty

Kristina POV

Three years later

I stood in the kitchen next to Carmella.  She was helping me finish the cake.  It was Gabriella's birthday.  I had a pinata, a kiddy pool,  candy,  a fairy (she loved fairys) she had a huge jungle gym in the back yard that all the kids was freaking out over every since they got here.  Fabio and Joey came with their three year old son, Dalton, he was the most adorable little thing I've ever seen. We had party games and make your own teddy bear stations. We had a train that went around the block and came back.  We had a lot of things that the kids could do. 

Many of my students brought their kids to come and celebrate. We had BBQ for the grownups and a grownup party once the babies were sleep and gone.

Gabriella came running in the back door with her fairy costume on and her tiara that said Birthday Fairy. Her brown hair was down her back in curls. Her dress was pink and poofy. She had on light pink gloves and a wand. She wanted to wear heels but I told her she can't run and playing heels she would have to sit down and do nothing. She agreed to flats. 

"Mommy! Dalton pushed me. " She said wiping tears from her eyes. She patted my leg and pulled on my shirt.  Dalton came in the kitchen. 

"I said I was sowy Gabby. " He said looking sad. 

I kneeled down on the floor between them and grabbed both their hands.  "Peanut,  Dalton said he was sorry. " I still called her peanut that was never going to get old. She sniffed and wiped the snot from her nose with her glove.  "Do you forgive him? " I asked looking at her.  She nodded her head. "Okay give him a hug so that he knows that you do forgive him. " I said and let go of their hands. They hugged and Dalton grabbed her hand and pulled her back outside.

I don't even know what they came in here for. I laughed and stood up. Pooch. our dog ran through the kitchen and out the back.  I took the cake from the counter and walked outside. It was a fairy cake. It was huge for all those kids.

"Cake! " I yelled and all the kids ran towards me and surrounded the table.  I sat it down and lit the number three that was stuck almost in the center of the cake.  "One, Two, Three,  Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Gabriella! Happy Birthday to you! " We all sang and she leaned in and blew the candle out.  We clapped and cheered. I cut the cake and dished it out. 

¥¥¥¥

Ken POV

I was sitting in the shade with all the other parents watching the kids play around.

Three years ago when I went to the hospital after I was told I couldn't see my fiancee or my baby I couldn't believe my eyes.  Kristina was fresh.  She looked like a new woman.  Her hair was loose. She had to cut some of it off because it was tangled and matted. She was still beautiful.  When I saw her on that cliff I almost fainted.

All this time we were still engaged and she was fine with it and so was I . We held it off so that Gabriella could be the flower girl and walk. We held it off so that she was for sure that her kidnappers were never getting out.  We held it off because she was still recovering.

We were getting married next month.  I was excited.  I watched the kids playing around.  I saw Dalton and Gabriella running around chasing each other.  I could imagine them together when they got older. They were already so close now. 

Kristina came out with the cake.  Her hair was down her back in a long braid.  She had on a flower jumper and sandals.  She yelled out cake and the kids head snapped up and they ran towards her.  All the parents got up and found their child and stood behind them.  We all started to sing.  I wrapped my arm around Kristina shoulder she leaned into me.  Gabriella blew out her candle and we all cheered.

She looked so happy and free.  I was so happy for my little family.

¥¥¥¥¥

Two hours later I carried Dalton and Kristina had Gabriella. We carried them into her bedroom and layed them down.  I pulled Dalton's shoes off and pulled his clothes off and put his pajamas on.  I woke him up briefly so that he could go to the rest room.  I laid him in her bed and he curled in a ball.  I pulled the covers up to his chin.  Kristina came out the bathroom with Gabriella in her arms and laid her down. I kissed her head and left.  Kristina did the same and kissed Dalton's head too.  She turned the lights off and we walked to the bedroom hand in hand. 

"That was fun" Kristina said taking her clothes off and climbing into bed. I did the same.  I opened my arms and she snuggled close.

"It was. I've never had a party for anyone.  " I mumbled.  I was beyond tired.

"hmm" was all she said as we both drifted to sleep.