•4•

Standing outside the studio, all I can feel is butterflies in my stomach.

Hakyeon is with me. We hired out a dance studio for a few hours. Hakyeon and I are going to learn a routine so I can audition for the dance tour.

Jin is too busy doing other studies so it's just Hakyeon and I.

"When you are done just return the keys to the front desk. Tell them your contact details once more then you can be on your way" one of the staff explains to us and walks off.

I pull the keys from the door and we walk inside. It's huge. Two out of four walls are covered from the floor to the ceiling with mirrors.

There are huge speakers at the back of the room with a small control panel beside them.

"Woah" I exclaim as I drop my bag onto the floor. Hakyeon rushes over to the control panel and connects his phone to the speakers.

"Shall we warm up sir?" he begins to speak formally to me and I just laugh.

"Sure."

He plays an upbeat song and we just chat as we do some stretches. We do this for about 30 minutes before deciding to start work on the dance routine.

I chose NCT U's The 7th Sense. The dance is very complicated and I think if I can pull it off it would really impress the judges.

Hakyeon taught himself this dance when the song first came out. It is just one of the many dances he has learnt in the previous years.

He demonstrates all of the moves slowly and smoothly for me. I easily pick it up but just as we try it to the music, I miss most of the steps as I cannot complete the moves fast enough.

After a lot of cursing and frustration our time in the dance studio is up.

"It's alright Jaehwan. We can just hire it again sometime on the weekend" Hakyeon tries to cheer me up.

I managed to almost nail about 1.30 of the song. Hakyeon thought that it was a solid effort for three hours but I don't think it is.

We head to the front desk and I frown when I see who is there to take the keys off me.

"You seriously going to do the dance tour?" Tiffany asks with a look of disbelief.

"Yes" Is all I say as I throw the keys onto the desk. She takes them and spins them on her finger.

"Good luck against Wonshik. He has got much more talent then you will ever have."

I just ignore her and walk out with Hakyeon by my side. They are going to accept at least three people from our school so I do have a chance of getting into the tour. But Wonshik would almost definitely be in it as well.

Six months with Wonshik alone...I don't know if I can do that.

--

Hakyeon and I managed to book the studio for another four hours on Saturday morning.

We arrive and everything goes well for the first two hours we are there.

I manage to learn all of the song except for the final chorus. I sit on the floor as I take constant sips of my water.

Hakyeon is messaging someone in his phone. I have no idea who as he will not say.

"Yah. When are we going to finish this dance?" I ask him. He lowers his phone and looks at me.

"Whenever you are ready. I'm waiting for you. Your the one who is tired" he states and I scowl at him.

I tie the cap in my bottle once more and place it on the floor before walking to the centre of the room again.