•10•

"First we are getting rid of those glasses. You can't seriously believe that you can continue this dancing thing with glasses. Even the instructor told you otherwise" Wonshik chuckles to himself as we walk into the shopping mall.

He had his mind set on starting training right away. I'm already exhausted so hopefully tonight won't involve too much.

Walking into the mall I instantly feel uncomfortable. Everyone from our school hangs out here. They aren't going to let it go that I was with Wonshik for a while.

Wonshik walks swiftly, gazing back at me every now and then to make sure I haven't wondered off.

We arrive at the optometrist and I almost swear aloud. Hongbin stands behind Krystal with his arms crossed as she speaks with one of the workers.

He sees us almost instantly.

He smiles at Wonshik and nods in greeting but looks confused when he sees me.

"Why are you with the loser?" he asks Wonshik harshly. He just rolls his eyes and scoffs.
"The instructor wants me to train him. Make him fitter. First we are getting rid of the glasses."

Hongbin scratches his neck and nods understandingly.

"Why are you here?" Wonshik asks him and he gestures over to Krystal who is now trying on a pair of glasses.

"She is getting new reading glasses" he states simply and Wonshik nods.

I try to look disinterested as I examine the store. "Oppa, are these ones good?" Krystal asks Hongbin but pauses when she sees us.

"Jaehwan" she acknowledges me and nods to Wonshik and I. I mutter a hi in response.

"You look beautiful" Hongbin pokes her nose and Wonshik grabs my arm, pulling me to the front counter.

"Can we get contacts for this four eyed freak" he asks over the counter and I try not to frown at the name I am too used to hearing.

The lady looks at me with pitiful eyes before walking around the counter. She walks over to me and asks for my glasses.

I hand them to her and she disappears back into the storeroom.

Everything becomes slightly blurring. A headache is already building up slowly.

I place my hand on the counter to keep my balance. "You all good?" Wonshik steps in front of me and even through my blurry vision, I'd say there is a slight hint of concern in his gaze.

"I get dizzy and a headache very quickly after removing my glasses. Especially in bright areas. I'll be fine" I inform him and he nods slowly.

"Try these. The bathroom is just through there" the lady hands me a box and points down the STAFF ONLY door.

"You might want to help him get there" she tells Wonshik and heads to serve another customer.

He places a hand on my lower back and guides me to the bathroom.

I fumble to open the box. Wonshik sighs in frustration and opens it for me.

I manage to pick up one contact on the end of my finger. I place it on my eye and blink a couple times as it adjusts.

It feels really strange for the first few moments but it soon feels normal again.

I do the same with the other eye and I can see clearly once more.

Looking in the mirror is strange. I'm so used to seeing glasses or seeing my blurred silhouette.

"Hmph" I hear Wonshik from behind me.
I turn to look at him and am surprised when I see he is smiling.

"What is it?" I ask him and he makes eye contact with me.

"You look cute without glasses" he says.

My jaw drops slightly but I quickly close it once more. He realises what he just said and quickly brings back his stern gaze.

"Lets go" he mutters and walks out of the bathroom. I follow him to the counter.

I go to pull out my wallet to pay but he hands over his credit card.

"Thanks, you didn't have to do that" I tell him as we are leaving the store.

"I don't have to do a lot of things" he clears his throat and heads towards the car park.

My phone begins to ring and I answer it straight away.
"Hello?"

"Where the hell are you? Did they butcher you on day one?" Hakyeon exclaims and I stop in my tracks.

I had forgotten that Hakyeon was picking me up. I just left with Wonshik without thinking twice.

"I'm at the mall with Wonshik. It's a long story" I tell him.

"You have a lot of explaining to do when you get home" he says sternly.

"So your gay now?!" I hear someone yelling. I look ahead of me to see Tiffany just as she raises her hand and backhands Wonshik's cheek.

"I've gotta go. I'll call you later" I hang up before he has the chance to say anything else and walk over to the pair.

Most of the food court has quieted to hear the fight. "No. The instructor sent me to go with him." Wonshik sounds too calm.

"You! Out of all people Jaehwan I really did not expect you to pick him" she steps towards me and raises her arm to hit me.

I close my eyes and brace myself for the impact but it never comes. I slowly open my eyes to see Wonshik holding her raised arm.

"Let me go" she says through gritted teeth.
"You do not lay a hand on him" he snaps at her and I can't help but feel surprised.

"So it's okay for your little buddy Sanghyuk to beat the shit or of him for you but no one else can lay a hand on him?" She pulls herself out of his grasp and takes a few steps back.

Wonshik remains silent as she continues to speak.
"You have allowed that kid to ruin your personality which has caused you to lose your girlfriend of five years and many friendships. Open your goddamn eyes Wonshik. You are only going to end up being hurt in the end."

She goes to walk away but stops and looks over her shoulder at him. Her eyes have become glassy.

"I know you don't Wonshik but I do love and care for you still. I don't want you to be hurt. Please don't let Sanghyuk ruin your life."

Wonshik keeps a straight expression as Tiffany storms out of view.

He looks at me and I notice that his cheek is becoming red from where he was hit.

"I'll take you home" he avoids eye contact with me and walks away.

A/N - Don't forget to follow my twitter account (@/vixxsatann) for chapter previews <3

(@/vixxsatann) for chapter previews <3

What do you think of what Tiffany said to Wonshik?
What do you think of Wonshik stopping his ex from hitting Jaehwan?

Thanks for reading!!