•33•

"What the hell happened?!" Hakyeon yells as he runs into the waiting area. Jin is right beside him.

I stand from the chair and wrap my arms around them both as the tears silently stream down my cheeks.

"Sanghyuk attacked us. He stabbed Wonshik" my voice wavers as I speak.

"Where is the bastard?" Jin curses and pulls away so he can make sure I'm not hurt. 

"He's dead" I say, my voice barely a whisper.

"What? How?" Jin asks quietly, noticing that it's a touchy subject for me.

"He fell off the roof after being hit by Wonshik."

"Shit" Hakyeon pulls his hand through his hair and just looks at me, his eyes filled with pity.

We take a seat in the waiting area once more.

We just sit in silence as we wait for the doctors to come out.

Wonshik is in surgery. He has been for the past three hours.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Hakyeon suddenly mutters.

I look up to see Hongbin walking over to us, his head held low.

Before I can stop him, Hakyeon is already on his feet. She draws his arm back and punches Hongbin's jaw.

Hongbin doesn't flinch and welcomes the hit.

"Hakyeon he tried to stop Sanghyuk from harming me" I say softly.

He looks at me in shock then back to Hongbin.

"Is this true?" He asks Hongbin who is tapping his lip gently to see if he is bleeding.

"I suppose it is, although I didn't do a very good job" he explains.

"I would be in surgery as well if it wasn't for you Hongbin. As much as I hate to say it, thank you for saving me." I thank him.

He frowns and lowers his hand into his back pocket.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gone with Sanghyuk. He just told me that he was going to meet with Wonshik and asked me to hold you back just in case they got physical. I didn't know he had a knife."

"You couldn't have known. How are you coping with...what happened?" I decide to ask him.

A smile covers his face but there is no emotion behind it.

"It hurts. Yes he was an prick but he was still one of my closest friends."

Suddenly a doctor comes rushing out of the operating theatre.

I stand from the chair and we all head over to him.

"How is he? Is he okay?" I ask.

The doctor clasps his hands together and smiles.

"We were able to stop all of the severe bleeding. He should heal nicely but we will be keeping a close eye on him just in case."

My knees feel weak. I collapse but Hongbin catches me. He makes eye contact with me and smiles sadly as he helps me back onto my feet.

I don't say anything before heading to Wonshik's room. Entering, my heart hurts.

He lays there, unconscious. There is a tube in his nose which helps him breath and a clip on his finger. He also has an IV connected to his right arm.

I take a seat beside the bed and grab his hand. It's warm which gives me a small bit of comfort.

Hongbin and the others don't enter the room. I receive a message from Hakyeon stating that they'll leave the two of us alone for awhile and to let them know when we are done.

Just as I am typing a response, I feel Wonshik's hand squeezing my own.

I drop the phone and look just in time to see his eyes flicker open.

"Wonshik ah" I exclaim.

He slowly turns his head to look at me. A smile instantly crawls over his lips when he sees me.

"Jaehwan" he breaths my name, his voice is hoarse.

I go to grab his cup of water but he pulls down on my arm. I look and he leans up slowly.

I get the hint and lean down to kiss him.

I pull away after a few moments and get the water. He mutters a thanks and drinks it happily.

"How are you feeling?" I ask him and he just shakes his head.

"As good as someone can after killing a man."

"You didn't kill him Wonshik. That wasn't your fault" I bring his hand to my lips and he just chuckles.

"We'll get into this conversation another day. What about you? How are you doing?"

"I'm fine. I've just been worried sick about you" I inform him and he sighs.

"Don't worry about me. Look, I'm alive and breathing! What more do you want?"

I just shake my head and examine the bed. There is enough room for me to squeeze in beside him.

As if noticing my thoughts, Wonshik moves over a centimetre or two.

I smile as I get on the bed and snuggle into his side. I'm careful not to knock his wound as I do not want to hurt him.

He just holds me against him and tears form in my eyes yet again.

"Wonshik ah" I call his name quietly.

"Mm?" he hums in response.

"I love you."

A/N - next chapter will be the last :(

how do you think it will end?

thanks for reading!!