•8•

It feels wrong to walk past Wonshik knowing that I have the number his ex-girlfriend in my back pocket.

I should not feel guilty or anything, really. I'm never going to date her so it shouldn't matter really.

But Wonshik would not see it like that. He would instantly think that her and I are the next 'thing'. Sanghyuk would be sure of that.

"Jaehwan! You ready to leave?!" Jin yells from the other room. I am in my room, getting ready for the first dance rehearsal.

Hakyeon and Jin are going to take it in turns to personally drop me off at each practice to make sure that I am going to be okay with Wonshik being there as much as possible.

"Coming!" I shout right back at him and grab my phone off the desk.

I'm wearing tracksuits with a t-shirt and a loose sweater over the top.

I am still wearing my glasses. They will probably get in the way but I literally do not own a pair of contacts. I'll purchase some this weekend maybe.

I leave the safety of my room and head over to Jin who waits impatiently with my drink bottle.

He shoves the bottle into my grasp and opens the door. "Farewell Ms Lee!" he calls out behind him.

"Goodbye my lovely Jin! Jaehwan have fun okay? I'll see you tonight! I love you!" she says happily.

I mutter a goodbye before following Jin's steps out of the house and to the bus stop.

"You know if I could drive I would drive you. But I don't know how. So unless you would be willing to hop in the car and have the ride of a lifetime then I suggest we just catch the bus for now" he says happily and I laugh quietly at him.

I forget how much of an idiot he can be sometimes.
"Is Hakyeon picking me up afterwards?"

"Nah. I asked Wonshik to give you a lift. He said that was fine."

I look at him in confusion and he punches my shoulder. "Of course Hakyeon is picking you up. Aish. You take my humour too seriously."

The bus arrives which saves me from having to salvage my idiocy.

We get on and I frown when I see Tiffany seated at the front with bright pink headphones placed in each ear.

"Jaehwan" she acknowledges me as I get on.
"Tiffany" I try to avoid having conversation with her and keep walking to the seats near the door in the middle of the bus.

Jin sits beside me and I brace myself for the questions which are about to follow.

"How come you two are so friendly all of a sudden?" he asks me quietly, trying not to be overheard.

"I gave her tissues after she broke up with Wonshik. She gave me her number. We both hate Wonshik, why not work together?" I cringe at how stupid that sounds.

"Lee Jaehwan. This isn't a group project where you just paired up with Tiffany to get back at Wonshik"
Jin catches on straight away.

"Just be careful. There is every chance that she is just using you to make Wonshik jealous and get him to go begging on his knees for her."

"I will do my best."

The rest of the ride is spent in silence. Tiffany got off a few stops before us. She looked me in the eye and smiled briefly before stepping off.

She isn't using me...is she? Maybe Jin is right. I can't jump to conclusions just yet anyways.

We arrive at our stop and I am not surprised when I see Wonshik standing at the entrance, his phone firmly placed against his ear.

"How do you expect us to get back together if you won't forgive me?! How many times to you want me to fucking apologise?!" he screams into the device and my stomach clenches when I realise who he is shouting at.

I walk over to him before Jin has the chance to stop me and I snatch the phone from his grip.

"Tiffany, it's Jaehwan. We have dance practice. Sorry but I'll have to hang up" I say gently and turn off the phone.

"Day one and you are already treading in shallow waters" Wonshik glares at me and snatched his phone back. He doesn't spare me another glance as he pushes past and makes his way inside.

"Stay out of their business Jaehwan. You are going to only get yourself injured again. I don't want that to happen. Please just leave them to sort themselves out. Okay?" Jin pleads me and I don't know what to say.

Honestly I don't know why I want to help Tiffany. I think it's just because Wonshik treats her like absolute shit and I hate seeing anyone being treated like that.

"I should go in" I state and Jin gives me an encouraging glance.

"Good luck. Make friends. Have fun" he orders me. I mutter a goodbye and head into the studio.

Wonshik and I are two of four people who were accepted from our school. At least 16 other people will be in this studio tonight.

After going through security and confirming my identity, I make it into the dance studio.

Inside I see Wonshik is already chatting up with a guy who is around the same height.

I look around for any familiar faces but cannot find any. Suddenly someone walks up to me and extends their hand.

I take a step backwards and look them up and down. She has dark, fluffy hair which reaches her shoulder blades and is quite shorter than me.

"The name's Hani. Wanna be friends?"

A/N - What did you think of Jin's warning about Tiffany? What do you think will happen in the first dance rehearsal?

If you haven't already please check the conversations page on my profile and choose a ship for my next story. I have come up with the plot but I need help choosing which ship to do... any vixx or nct ship (excluding ~nct dream~) is welcome.

thanks for reading!!