Seventeen

Monday, April 25, 2016

Ceci

You are gonna have them wondering when you tell these stories at the Nursing Home. 

I had a nightmare two nights ago. 

Kind of a deadwood scene. 

I was at a party and they needed help in the kitchen. 

It was a set up. 

When I started cleaning up something that had spilled out of a cupboard, I was ambushed by this man with a knife. A few minutes before I had noticed him swing dancing with some lady. In real life, he is an acquaintance, I have no idea why I picked him. 

I reached up to stop the knife and he cut open my hand and then sliced my leg to bleed me out. Then I heard one of Andy's friends say, "Don't do this, let's not do this!" 

That's when I realized everyone was in on it. I laid there paralyzed. 

Then I woke up.

The next night I had a worse dream. 

It was Isaac asleep in his bed, holding a small jar of my ashes. 

Damn Prince.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Jack

You get knifed by your husband and his friends?!

What does that mean?

?

[Ceci & Jack talk on the phone]

I'm driving to Court for Joe's arrest warrant hearing.

I know I promised you I wouldn't text-n-drive. 

Forgive me.

Stopped driving. 

Here's more on the buried hookers: Joe has to make this morning's hearing or his arrest warrant goes active. He gets arrested. He goes to jail. 

I was up 5:45 A.M. Shower. Dress for Court. Apple for breakfast. Out the door. 

One inch of new snow. Drive thirty-five miles down the mountain to the office. Race back up another mountain for Court. Joe's not here. We are set for a 9:00 A.M. hearing.

[Gilpin County Courthouse

[Gilpin County Courthouse.]

8:50 A.M.

Joe's still not here.