Twenty-Two

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Jack

The drive back to my office.

PS: I saw the Youtube posts of your recent gig

You're looking fine and rhythmical.

Ceci

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Jack

Ceci, it's Cinco de Mayo!

80 degrees!

Margaritas! 

I'm taking a nap

I'm taking a nap....

Ceci

Wow, that's nice.

Is it really 80?

Jack

Yup and tomorrow too.

Nappy time.

...zzzzzz...

Friday, May 6, 2016

Jack

In Court this morning with DA Kelly Thatcher. 

Couple of felony cases.  Both meth related. 

Talking with her off the record, negotiating pleas. She quietly listened to me while taking business perfect notes. She was contemplative and considerate. Maybe if her aura continues to warm, and with some time, a lot of time, and then some more time, she could be a soulful hippy mama for the prosecution, tie-dye skirt, bare midriff, white platforms, and hair like a big salad. 

Or maybe I'm just bored, having daydreams, and a mild crush.

Anyway, she said she hadn't heard anything new about "the bodies case".

I was a mess in Court. Pretty simple procedures, and fully prepared, but I crashed like a fourth grade talent show. 

Screwed up the first client by forgetting if he was probation eligible. 

Then on the second client fixed that problem by positively stating on the record that he was NOT eligible for probation. He was. Corrected everything, but I'm sure the client was not impressed by my ability to nearly eliminate his chance for freedom.

First Court appearance on Nancy Grace/CNN this afternoon in Denver...

Ceci

Thatcher... I think SHE'S impressed! : )

Has the press been notified about Nancy?

Jack

Nope. It's only lawyers today. They will try to keep Nancy in the shadows till we depose her in New York or Atlanta.

Violet says our book is good, but needs more about her. We had gin and tonics. Two drinks in two days. A record. Now, I feel bullet proof. 

How about we go out and beat up some bikers?!

Ceci

Tell Violet to start talking! 

She needs to stumble into this investigation and turn up something no one expected.

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Jack

Good idea. 

I told her to go to the Blue Steel Kings 50th anniversary party. She says, "No" 

I also offered her your old role to get shot in the back of the head. She says, "No". Not interested.

Typical. She wants all the glamour, without the head wounds.

Just waiting around for bodies to be found. Today is the last day of ski season.
I am sad. 

But soon softball! And in three months, the County Fair Log Splitting Championship!! 

On the County Fair Log Splitting Championship, (CFLSC), my peeps are depending on my triumphant return. Last year, as all remember, I battled my way to third place. The vision of that glorious day is still powerful. Five of us made the finals. The announcer called out the first four finalists to the center of the arena. All four were giant lumberjacks. Then they called me out and an awkward hush went through the crowd. But as the crowd made its silent assessment, I could feel a rising swell of support. Someone yelled, "Go get em, puny man!" Then "Kick some ass, puny dude!!" Then laughter and more shouts and more laughter. In the end, I believe they embraced me as their champion. 

So, I must not disappoint my fans in 2016. Vigorous ax training, mostly shirtless, will fill my days. Lots of pancakes, eating them and gluing them to my body with syrup for extra bulk. I am also carefully abusing steroids. Finally, I have arranged for a HULK-themed shaving of my genitals so that nicotine patches and other herbal poultices may be applied to enhance and prolong my log splitting powers. 

It will be a busy summer.

And, as Detective Balsam says, "We need to solve this crime sooner than later."

[⭐Vote⭐ for pancakes and Hulk-themed body shaving!]

Photo 1: Carmen Miranda by RodrigoLimaRoreli, 2019 (Pixabay #1436071).

Photos 2-3: Taken and owned by the authors, 2016.