Thirty-Seven

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Jack

Ceci, no bodies were found on Joe's property. 

No dead women, not even one. 

I found out when Detective Balsam called and told me the police went to Joe's property, searched, dug, found an "anomaly", but no bodies. Since then, we have talked, I have stumbled, and I did not know how to continue our book. The prospect of recovering two dead prostitutes buried behind Joe's barn is a central theme. Now that the victims have passed from buried to unknown, our story is a zombie, neither living nor dead.

Ceci

I think this is when we get a ghost writer to continue and turn it into fiction. 

Based on true facts, as they say.

Jack

Maybe. Maybe not.

My first gut reaction was disappointment. 

I wallowed in that for a while, until I slapped myself across the face. I deserved the slap for being a ghoul, depressed by a shortage of dead women. However, the slap did not fully restore my humanity. I was also sad that without two dead women our book will not be gruesome enough to be desirable, not morbid enough to be popular, not horrific enough to be loved. Without the public's love for all that is repulsive, how will we make a billion dollars? 

Finally, I was sad that the story has come to an end and I no longer have an excuse to text you so often. You are a peach. You have inspired me to see more and be better so that at the end of the day I have stories to send. And there are still so many untold stories. Nancy Grace, The Wicked Witch of cable must be vanquished. We need to spring Jason, the big lug, from prison. And most important of all, how will I do at the Gilpin County Fair Log Splitting Championship?

Ceci

You inspire me! 

You helped me so much last year, YOU HAVE NO IDEA. Also you help me to feel less crazy for doing things even though I'm old(ish).

Hopping in car now.

Jack

I like that. "Like peas and carrots."

This all leads back to the question, "What is the meaning of life?" I thought we answered this earlier. But, perhaps, the answer is more than going out into the snow to ski awesome powder -- although it's hard to imagine anything more important than dropping some righteous lines through deep snow. Maybe the meaning of life is more. Maybe we find it in our quest. Maybe we find the meaning of life by finding the answers to our questions:

Buried bodies? No.

Can we write a book entirely with text messages? Yes.

Will anyone read it? Unknown.

A new page is written by every question we answer. If we continue to explore and discover, the pages begin to form a book. The book of answers to life's questions is the meaning of life.

So now that we have solved the meaning of life, twice, it's time to continue our story. Let's go strong with the truth. At least the truth we know:

Detective Balsam called. He apologized for not calling back sooner, saying his team was very busy on the case. He explained that since Joe's property was seized by the Bank, getting permission to search and dig was a "nightmare". Three Bank-Foreclosure institutions, in three states, demanded to be fully advised before they would consent to a search. Finally, police got the go-ahead. 

On June 15th, a team of police and cadaver dogs first went on the property. They searched around the remains of the barn where Joe suspected the bodies were buried. The dogs did not alert. They searched all the places where Darren Johannsson moved earth. Nothing. They searched the entire property, except the septic field. Nothing. No dog alerts. Zero. However, the dog handlers warned the police that in most cases the dogs do not alert and negative results do not mean there are no cadavers.

Balsam's team decided to bring in Necro Search, Inc., human remains recovery professionals. On a rush order, a Ground Penetrating Radar unit (GPR) and operator were dispatched from Denver into the mountains. GPR radiates through the ground and then displays the reflection of buried objects on a video monitor. Sure enough, behind the barn, at the exact location Greg had pin-pointed for police, the GPS operator found an "anomaly". 

The anomaly was the size of a human grave. The anomaly was consistent with human remains. Based on the GPR hit, police called in the entire Necro Search unit. Soon Necro Search geologists, technicians, forensic experts, anthropologists, botanists, and others arrived. According to Detective Balsam, the property was "crawling" with experts. Police also trucked in a commercial grade backhoe. Carefully they began to excavate down to the anomaly.

As the soil was being removed, the geologists and botanists examined it and confirmed that the earth over the anomaly had been recently dug up. Everyone at the site circled around the excavation. The team carefully dug down further. At a depth of between 5 and 10 feet, they reached the anomaly. The digging stopped. The entire team strained to see down into the hole.

There was nothing there.

Ceci

Hahaha!!!! That was a great set up.

What if they do find a body... What if the first thing they see poking out of the dirt is a finger? A middle finger. A last act of defiance to the person who had been pimping her out.

Jack

Right! What do you think?

Ceci

I'll think about it. 

I like crime drama. I want the story of the girl/girls or the layers being pulled back on the corporate thugs that contribute to the prostitution ring. The usual, you know?

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Jack

I would love to get on the inside with Bunny, Carmen, and the rest. Can you think of how I might without becoming a customer? And your comment, "YOU HAVE NO IDEA", I look forward to hearing about that in Michigan.

[⭐VOTE⭐ for morbid popularity and horrific love]

Photo: Divide, taken and owned by the authors, 2016