Part Two - Chapter Thirteen

Friday, January 25, 2019

[Ceci is on a jet to Las Vegas to compete in a mahjong tournament]

Ceci

Damn, you are one fine writer and scholar. I thank you for this and I'm flattered of course by the line about my green eyes. They are remarkable. They have gold centers. They go back a long way too.

Landed.

VEGAS!

Jack

Ceci, you sweet thang, are you kicking mahjong ass?

I'm skiing with a bunch of Detroit music people.

In a hot tub. Pretty Psyched.  Wearing my new bathing suit with the mermaid patch. 

I'm going to assume you are deep in the trenches of mahjong, and just talk to myself:

First, don't think I missed you bragging ("My green eyes. They are remarkable. They have gold centers.").

Was that an immodest slip brought on by in-flight alcohol, or are you developing a big head? Either way, I'm digging the self-love and heavy experimentation with airline cocktails.

Second. I just finished a dirty martini which was nasty and great, it's 3A.M., and my stomach feels green.

Ceci

❤️

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Ceci

Trip was a whirlwind of fun. I'm lucky to have such an amazing posse of friends. 

You know that I write raps about Mahjonng, right? Well I worked on some new ones for Mahj Vegas and got the girls to come up with verses on their own. No cost fun right there!

Went back to Detroit on Tuesday and the polar vortex hit.

Jack

I want to hear Puff Ceci's rhymes!

Ceci

Did you know that was my rap name?

Jack

It was tattooed on an inmate's breast in Supermax.

Friday, February 8, 2019

Jack

My Mom spent the night in the hospital. 

Waiting for tests. Have you ever flown stand-by?

Ceci

Keeping her in my thoughts. 

I've only flown stand-by once, and it worked. They got me on the flight.

Jack

Yay!! Mom discharged. At home. All cool.

Ceci

Excellent, I was just wondering.

Jack

Yeah. She's got a heart condition that causes fainting, but not lethal. Pretty great! Now all the nurses in my family (they are legion) will descend on her to inflict the tough care they call love.