Thirty

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Jack

I'm at the DAs Office. Dropping Jason's sentencing documents off for our favorite DA, Ms. Kelly Thatcher....

In car. Traffic jam. Will try dictating by voice ID:

Hey...it seems to be fucking working.... son of a bitch just cut me off....stop....
it wasn't supposed to record that.... rewind....do over....do over....

Ceci

Hahaha!

Working on lawyer commercials today.

Personal Injury lawyer, and boy oh boy, he has added to the list of reasons to call him.

Jack

Lawyer ads....awesome exclamation point....

Ceci

Seriously, drug companies and lawyers are working together.

Jack

[Voice ID: Off] Here's an idea for an ad: It starts with a lawyer working at his desk:

Narrator, "It's 3 a.m. All the other punk lawyers are sleeping, but this lunatic is still on the job for YOU."

Ceci

See, you're in a progressive market where you're able to use humor. Over here they take themselves very serious.

Jack

Funny, the vast majority of the finest law school students do not become TV shysters. The finest and most serious legal talent in America are hired every year to represent corporations.

We sponsored Air America. Our ad: "The truth will set you free, but if it doesn't, call us." 

Pulled over. About to lose signal. On Jason's education, it's fragmented. I know they had some schooling because social services got involved after an elementary teacher reported that Jason's sister had been beaten at home with a 2x4.

Ceci

God, what some people endure.

Jack

Less than 24 hrs till Jason's sentencing. Lots happening.

This morning met Jason's victims. Helped wife with her statement to the Court. Mostly she's worried about stage fright. Worked on that. But BONUS, while there, I met the daughter of the town Marshall where Jason and his sister lived after they were retrieved from the kidnappers. She knows Jason, knows all the stories and abuse, knows how Jason's mom was and how she would stay at the Marshall's home after severe beatings. She's happy to talk to the Court for Jason. Score!!

Plus, I can feel it deep in my soul. It's the first thread of the melody of the argument. Just the first notes, but I can tell it's a riff I can deliver, it's a groove that I'll be able to ride and use to move a courtroom. You know how you write a new song, and even when it's rough, and unformed, you know it will be good. It's like that.

Also have new info and pics of Bunny, and neo Nazis. And Red and a Grosse Point, Michigan connection.

And Anne, a devoted bookworm, who has been proofing our book, likes your comments better than mine because "they are like an accurate outside opinion on the heartbreak in the case...and mostly cause it was not an attorney talking. It was a normal person"

Finally, looks like there was no prostitution bust over Memorial Day weekend. More later.

Ceci

Wow on that "chance" meeting.

And yeah, that song analogy, good one. Sometimes it just takes a spark and the direction is in plain sight.

And you know your way there.

Jack

PS: Might be in Michigan, last week of July.

Ceci

Nice.

Friday, June 3, 2016

Jack

WOOOOOHOOOOO!

Wooooohoooo!

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

Ceci

Yoooooo Hoooo!!!!

Well????

Jack

Getting food...tell you everything when I get to a place.

[All You Bookworm Hotties, ⭐Vote⭐!!]

Photo: Prison by JCFUL, 2017 (Pixabay #4028830)