The nerves

Alyssa's POV
I was having the best sleep ever until Jack started jumping on the bed.
"Wake up sleepy head!" Jack screamed as I chucked a pillow at his face.
"But it's too early!" I moaned.
"We have to check out of the hotel in an hour and make our way to London.
Shit, I forgot it was Magcon London this weekend. I've never sung in front of a crowd before and I'm nervous as hell.
"Okay," I said, "I'm up!"
"Well I've gotta finish packing so I suggest you to beck to your room and get ready, I'll meet you in the lobby in an hour," Jack suggested.
"Okay," I said as I was walking out the room, "Bye Jack! Bye Gilinsky!"
"Bye Alyssa," the Jacks said in sync.
I got into my room and stuffed everything into my suitcase. I then had a shower, straightened my hair and put on a track suit and beanie, I honestly don't care about my appearance today. I had 10 minutes before I was meeting everyone downstairs but I decided to go down early and wait there. Dina was already down there talking to Nash and the Jacks had finished earlier too. Bart then appeared.
"Is this all of us?" he asked.
"Yeah!" we said in unison.
"And I take it you're our special guest Jack and Jack told me about," Bart held out his hand and I shook it, "I'm sure you're gonna be a hit at magcon."
"I hope so..." I replied.
We all got on the tour bus that was waiting for us. Jack J came up to me as we were getting on.
"Hey, would you like to sit by me?" he asked.
"She would love to!" Dina interrupted.
"But who are you gonna sit by?!" I asked.
"Nash asked me!" Dina replied.
"Fine," I said, "I guess I can sit by you Jack."
Jack's face lit up as we sat down. I got out my headphones and asked Jack if he wanted to listen to music with me. We had one earbud each and I put the music on shuffle. We listened to a bunch of songs as I rested my head on Jack's chest until Paradise (never change) came on. I could feel Jack smiling a great big smile.
"You listen to mine and Jack's music?" he asked, almost shocked.
"Of course!" I replied, "I listen to all your music, even Indoor Recess which I'm really annoyed you never put into iTunes or even make a lyric video for it!"
"We thought it was a crap song so we never bothered with it!" Jack said.
"Trust me, it's my favourite song!" I said.
"Then I guess we could out it on iTunes..."
"You should!" I smiled.
We decided to stop the music and just chat for a while, nothing in particular, just general chit chat. We still had a couple of hours left till we reach the hotel and I was already feeling sleepy. Jack noticed that I was trying to keep awake.
"You can have a nap if you want," Jack said, "I'm pretty tired too!"
He patted his shoulder, signalling me to rest my head on it and he rested his head on mine as we fell asleep.
Jack J's POV
Having Alyssa resting on my shoulder makes me feel like we're a couple, but of course we're not. I met her almost a week ago and I've already fallen head over heels for her. I want to ask her out so bad, but she may reject me because it's too soon. But what if I leave it too late? I mean, loads of guys will be chasing after her when she performs at Magcon. I think I'll talk to Jack about this, he knows how to give good advice at times like this.
The tour bus finally pulled up at the hotel and I woke Alyssa up who was still sleeping on my shoulder. We got our belongings and went into the lobby.
"Okay, so I've just spoken to the receptionist, and she's told me that we have a four person room, instead of two double rooms. Would anyone mind pairing up?" Bart asked.
I felt Jack nudge me so I turned to him, "Ask Alyssa to pair with us."
"But they're girls," I whispered.
"It's not like they haven't slept in our room at all!" Jack whispered back which was true.
Before I had a chance to say anything, Jack butted in.
"Alyssa! Dina! Would you mind sharing a room with us?" Jack asked.
"We would love to!" Dina replied before Alyssa had a chance to say anything.
"Then it's settled!" bArt said as he handed me my room key.
We went up to our room to find out there were only three beds. Before me and Alyssa could say anything, Jack and Dina had already jumped on the two single beds and claimed them for themselves which meant me and Alyssa have to share the double bed.
"I could sleep on the floor if you want..." I said to Alyssa.
"It's fine!" she replied, "I mean, it's not like we haven't shared a bed before."
"Tru-" Jack interrupted.
"Then it's settled!"
We started to unpack all our things when I remembered that I needed to speak to Jack.
"Jack?" I asked.
"Yeah?" he replied.
"I need to go and ask reception if there's any food places nearby, will you come with me?" I asked.
"For sure man!" Jack said as we left the room.
"I know that wasn't the real reason you asked me to come with you," Jack said, "what is it?"
"Well, I need some advice..." I said.
"Go on..." Jack replied.
"I really want to ask Alyssa out but I don't know whether it's too soon and even if I want to ask her out, how do I?" I said, almost stumbling on my words.
"Well..." Jack said, "Alyssa absolutely adores you, and you know it! She wouldn't have done what she did at magcon if she didn't love you. You've known her for almost a week but you two have literally never been apart from each other so I think you should ask her out."
"But how?" I asked.
"In front of all the people at Magcon!" Jack replied.
"But what if she rejec-" Jack cut me off.
"She won't!"
"Fine," I said, "I'll do it! Thanks bro!"
"No problem!" Jack replied as we went back into the room.
"That was quick," Dina said.
"I know," Jack replied quickly coming up with an excuse, "the elevator was taking too long so we thought we would leave it and just go out to eat now. You up for it?"
"Sure!" Alyssa and Dina said as they got their phones and bags and we left the hotel. We found a KFC not far from the hotel so we just ate there. Luckily, nobody seemed to recognise us so we had a wonderful meal. It was late when we got back to the hotel so I decided to change into my pjs (and by pjs, I mean just my boxers) and I got into bed. The rest got changed as well and Alyssa jumped in bad with me whilst Dina and Jack got in their beds. I hugged onto Alyssa as we drifted off to sleep...

...I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet and when I came back, I noticed Alyssa was awake, and she looked like she had been crying.
"Alyssa?" I whispered, "what's wrong?"
She then looked up and into my eyes, "I'm nervous about the performance tomorrow. People are already hating on me, they're gonna hate me when I'm on stage!"
"They won't babe," I hugged Alyssa tight and tried to help her relax, "if they say anything horrible, then they have me to deal with. You helped me when I was getting hate, so I'll help you, I promise!"
I held out my pinkie to show that I meant my promise and Alyssa wrapped her pinkie in mine.
"Now come on," I continued, "we need plenty of rest for tomorrow."
I wrapped my arms around Alyssa as she rested on my chest and we drifted back to sleep.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys!
I know that people have left Magcon and people may hate Bart, but this story started off in Magcon and it will finish in Magcon too!
I hope you guys are actually enjoying this book. I would love if you would comment your thoughts as it will help me grow as a writer.
I love you guys so much and thanks for reading!
Love,
🎀Alyssa🎀