I'm Me

Alyssa's POV
Jack and I went back to the performance area just in time for him and Gilinsky to rehearse. They got onto the stage and sung Doing It Right as they have never rehearsed that song live before. I must admit, for their first time, they did amazing. I wish I was as good as them.
The Jacks came off the stage which meant it was my turn to rehearse. I decided to sing Let It Go as that song always relaxes me. The fact that it teaches you not to care about what anyone else thinks makes me happy to be who I am. I know I'm different from most people, I get it but I need to learn to accept that and be happy. I still need to work on it but since I met Jack, I've become a more confident person. Sure, the hate I've been receiving has knocked me down at times but Jack has been there to pick me straight back up and I'm honestly thankful for that. I finished singing and got off the stage.
"Alyssa!" Mahogany screamed, "that was amazing! I absolutely love that song."
I blushed. Im really not good at taking compliments, am I? We all rushed into a group hug. When the hug was broken, we put our hands in the middle of the group.
"Once a family, always a family," Nash said.
We repeated Nash's words and raised our hands in the air.
"Okay," Bart said, "you can go off and do your own thing but please be back here in an hour."
We agreed and went our separate ways.
"So Alyssa," Jack asked, "what shall we do?"
"I'm not really feeling like doing anything," I admitted, "can we just sit down and listen to music. Im still a bit nervous."
"Sure babe," Jack hugged me.
"We sat on a couch as I got out my phone and passed an earphone to Jack. I put my music on. I've made special playlists depending on how I feel like when I'm happy of sad. I clicked on my playlist for when I'm anxious and the first song that played was Unbreakable by Madison Beer. I really listened close to the words of the song. The bridge is my favourite part.
I am me,
There's nothing that can break me.
It makes me realise that even though I have been knocked down a thousand times, I have always gotten back up. I may not come back just as strong as I was, but I still get back up. I may be weak at times, but I'm Unbreakable.
We carried on listening to music until 5 minutes before we were expected back. I put my phone away and Jack and I went back to the performance area.
"There's no need to be nervous babe," Jack hugged me tight, "your rehearsal was amazing and I'm sure your performance will be even better."
"Thanks Jack," I hugged him tight. I usually hug people really tight when I'm scared, nervous or anxious. It's really calming.
"Okay," Bart said, "the fans will be in here in 5 minutes so get to your meet and greet areas."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys!
Sorry if this chapter is a bit rushed, I went fruit picking today. It was so fun.
Anyway, I know many of you may hate Madison Beer but her music has really helped me through a lot and I think she is an amazing person. Please don't comment saying things like "why do you like Madison, she's awful" or other irrelevant comments like that because I will just block you, simple as. Sure, you may have your own opinion but you can't hate on me for having a different one.
Love,
Alyssa xxx