Moving forward

Alyssa's POV
We got backstage and I saw some people sitting on the couch. Shit! Having all that fun took my mind off the fact that I have to perform in front of my family today and convince them to let me move to the other side of the world. Oh shit!
"Hey mom! Hey dad!" I said as I walked over to my parents and hugged them.
"Hey hunny!" my mom replied.
"Hey Alyssa!" my dad said.
"You remember Dina, don't you?" I asked them.
"How could we forget?" my mom laughed, "you've been really close ever since you started high school."
"True," I laughed, "anyway, this is Jack and Jack. If you get confused, just call the blonde one Johnson and the tanned one Gilinsky. This is Nash, Cam, Matt, Carter, Aaron, Hayes, Jacob, Taylor, Mahogany, Shawn, Sam and Dillon. Everyone, these are my parents."
Everyone exchanged a warm welcome.
"We've got half an hour before the performance so we can just chill," I suggested.
We all stayed backstage chatting to each other. Everyone could tell I was tense but they knew not to question while my parents were here. If they slipped out my plans, then my family would kill me and I would have no chance of moving to LA.
"Okay," Bart came backstage, "Jacob and Alyssa take your place backstage ready to perform."
"Okay mom," I said, "you and dad need to go into the audience now. There is a space towards the front saved for you, okay?"
"Okay," my mom hugged me, "good luck."
"Good look sweetie," my dad hugged me and they left the room to go into the audience.
"You ready to perform?" Jacob asked me.
"I'll have to be, won't I?" I replied, "good look, you're gonna do great as always."
"Thanks," Jacob replied.
Jacob and I took our place backstage. Jack came running after me.
"Do you want me to wait with you?" he asked me.
"Would you mind?" I asked, "I'm just feeling a bit tense at the moment."
"I don't mind at all," Jack smiled.
Jacob went on stage to perform his slot. I don't know how he did it, but his music calmed me down a lot and I was ready to go on stage. Jacob came off stage and it was soon my turn to go on.
"Hey guys," I said into the mic, "before I begin, I would like to say a huge welcome to my parents who traveled hours just to watch me today. I appreciate it very much. Anyway, for my first song I am going to sing Lego House by Ed Sheeran. Hope you enjoy."
I sat on the stool and positioned the mic. I took a deep breath and the music began playing.

I'm gonna pick up the pieces,
And build a Lego house
If things go wrong we can knock it down

My three words have two meanings,
There's one thing on my mind
It's all for you

And it's dark in a cold December, but I've got you to keep me warm
If you're broken I will mend you and I'll keep you sheltered from the storm that's raging on now

I'm out of touch, I'm out of love
I'll pick you up when you're getting down
And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now
I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind
I'll do it all for you in time
And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now, now

I'm gonna paint you by numbers
And colour you in
If things go right we can frame it and put you on a wall

And it's so hard to say it but I've been here before
Now I'll surrender up my heart
And swap it for yours

I'm out of touch, I'm out of love
I'll pick you up when you're getting down
And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now
I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind
I'll do it all for you in time
And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now

Don't hold me down
I think my braces are breaking, and it's more than I can take

And it's dark in a cold December, but I've got you to keep me warm
If you're broken I will mend you and I'll keep you sheltered from the storm that's raging on now

I'm out of touch, I'm out of love
I'll pick you up when you're getting down
And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now
I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind
I'll do it all for you in time
And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now

I'm out of touch, I'm out of love
I'll pick you up when you're getting down

And out of all these things I've done I will love you better now.

"Thank you," I said when the music ended.
Everyone started cheering at the top of their lungs and I look over to my parents and notice my mom is crying. She's always emotional when it comes to me getting somewhere in life. She understands how much this means to me and tries to do anything in her power to get me far in life.
I performed a few more songs until my slot was over. I walked off stage where the rest of the guys were waiting for me.
"Alyssa!" Nash shouted, "that was amazing!"
"Thanks," I smiled as I was squashed into a group hug.
Bart said it was time for the main show.
"Alyssa, Dina, are you coming on stage with us again?" Cam asked.
"We would love to," we said together as we walked on stage with the boys.
The show was amazing! It was livelier than the other shows I had attended. Everyone was cheering and clapping. We did so much on stage. I even joined in on the dance off which of course I won. I mean I'm not trying to toot my own horn but *toot toot*.
After a couple of hours, the show finally finished and the fans vacated the area. We all walked offstage and headed backstage where my parents were waiting.
"Alyssa," my dad said, "that was amazing! I knew you had it in you."
"You sung beautifully," my mom smiled.
"Thanks mom," I smiled back, "thanks dad."
"No problem," they replied.
I remembered I had to speak with them.
"Mom, dad, can Dina, the Jacks and I speak to you privately?" I asked.
"Sure," my mom looked worried.
We all walked into a deprecate room and sat down.
"Okay," I began, "I brought you here today to watch me perform because I wanted you to see how much I'm progressing and how far I could go one day. I feel in order to go further though, I need to get myself out there more. The guys suggested that I move to LA with them. Dina has already asked her parents and they have agreed but I needed to find the right time to tell you. Will you allow me to move to LA?"
"Who will you live with?" my mom asked.
"Well Dina is going to live with Nash and Cam but the Jacks have suggested that I find a house with them," I said.
"So you're going to live with guys?" my dad seemed annoyed.
"Dad, I'm growing up," I said to him, "I know it's hard to get your head around, but I am."
"We understand," my mom said, "but how are you going to afford it?"
"I've made loads of money since I joined magcon and the guys are willing to help me out financially until I can pay them back," I explained.
"Okay but when are you planning to move?" my dad asked.
"Well today was the last date on the UK tour," Jack said, "but we are able to stay behind a few extra weeks so Alyssa and Dina can prepare themselves."
"And where will you stay for this time?" my mom asked.
"In a hotel," Gilinsky said, "we don't mind staying behind a few extra weeks to help sort everything out."
"Okay then," my mom said, "if it's going to help you in the future and you really want it, then you can move to LA with the guys."
I didn't know how to handle the feeling I was experiencing so I just leapt into my parents' arms and hugged them tight.
"Thanks so much!" I screamed, "I'll make sure to come back to visit at least every half a year."
"You better," my dad said, "there's no way your leaving us forever."
"I promise I won't," I said.
"Anyway," my mom checked the time, "we need to get home now. See you all at home in a few days."
"See you mom," I hugged my parents again, "see you dad."
My parents left the building and there was only the Jacks, Dina and I in the room. We suddenly all smiled big and hugged each other.
"I can't believe we're going to all live in LA together!" I screamed!
"It's so exciting!" Jack smiled, "I'll get to see you every single day!"
"It's going to be so fun," Gilinsky said, "but I get first pick of the room."
"No," I replied, "Jack and I are going to get the biggest room because they'll be more people sleeping in there."
"Fine," Gilinsky gave in.
"Wait," Dina said, "we still need to tell everyone else."
"Oh yeah!" Jack replied.
We all went back into the room where everyone was and they looked at us, waiting for our answer.
"Guess who's moving to LA with us?" Gilinsky smiled.
Everyone jumped up and ran over to us. There were cheers and screams and loads of hugging. These are the moments that make me look forward to seeing them everyday even more.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys!
To the people that thought that something bad was going to happen, I don't like to write overly sad books. Of course I add some sad elements but those are things that everyone can relate to. I don't like to make the book into big dramas or anything because I find it silly. So expect some sad parts but this book is intended to be happy, okay?
Love,
Alyssa xxx