EP 13

Vow

It was almost the weekend and Rose was in panic because she was struggling to bake a cake for her boyfriend. She knows that they’ve talked about it and he didn’t say anything about wanting something for his birthday. But still, she wanted to do this for him because she wants him to feel extra special on his birthday.

“WOW, what’s that smell?” Lisa sang when she walked over to the kitchen. She was already packed and ready for her trip with V in the U.S. the next morning.

“Omo~” Lisa was about to tast the icing when Rose smacked her hands away from it.

“Don’t touch that.”

Lisa sneered at her and sat on the bar stool.

“Oh, right. It’s Jiminshi’s birthday tomorrow.”

Rose ignored Lisa and finished putting the icing on the cake. When Rose was confident that the frosting will turn out well, she put it in the fridge and turned to Lisa.

“So, are you all set for tomorrow?” She asks her best friend.

Lisa nods aggressively. “YES. I can never be more excited. I’ve always dreamed of going to a vineyard and maybe even make wine. Taehyungah’s been talking about his plans for our dates. He’s really sweet.”

Rose was smiling from ear to ear as she listens to Lisa talk about her plans.

“He said they also have horses in their farm. Oooh, maybe I should bring 2 more bottles of sunscreen if I’d decide to ride a lot.” She giggles uncontrollably.

Then it suddenly came to Rose a tiny pressing matter for her friend.

“Lisa…”

“Yeah?” Lisa was busy texting her boyfriend all of a sudden.

“Do your brothers know you’re dating? Have you said anything about it to them?” Rose asks curiously.

“Nope.” Lisa said in English.

“Lisa…”

“Chaeng, I just started having a boyfriend. And if I tell my brothers now, they’ll ruin everything. I just want my days with Taehyung be perfect.” She said leaning her arms on the counter. “How about you? When will you tell your parents about Jiminshi?”

“Soon.”

Lisa nodded. She gets a glass of water and gave Rose another one. “Here’s to our love life.”

“Cheers!”

“Fighting!”

After their moment at the kitchen, Lisa told Rose that she’s going to freshen up because she’s going out with V tonight. But before she can exit the kitchen, Rose has a few words to say.

“Lalisa wait up…”

“Yeah?”

Rose reached for Lisa’s hands and stared at her eyes. “I know how much you love V-shi. And I know you know how much I love my boyfriend. But please don’t forget about the promise we made to each other. You remember right?”

“That if we don’t end up marrying the ones we love, we’ll marry each other instead?” Lisa joked.

“Yes. That.” Rose answered sarcastically. “NO! The vow we made in Australia! When Jennie Unnie gathered us for the first time after her heart break. That promise that no boy can ever turn our back on our friendship. And that we must be pure until marriage. That vow, idiot.”

Lisa rolled her eyes. “Don’t worry Chaeng. I maybe the maknae but that vow will forever be etched in my mind and in my heart.”

“Good. I am now relieved.” Rose said letting go of Lisa’s hands.